Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW product : AWR rear motor mount with 70, 88, and 95 durometer bushing options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #21
Ok, got my mount in the mail this morning, and installed it right after work. First, the package shipped direct from AWR (ordered through Whoosh) which is legit, no middle-man BS or delay in shipping. Install was much easier than I thought, and not including the time it took to jack the car up onto jack stands and remove the wheels (was doing brakes and oil as well), it only took maybe 20 minutes to remove the stock RMM and install the AWR mount. All you need for install (besides jack and stands or ramps) is a ratchet, 13mm socket (deep well preferred), and an extension, but you could get by without an extension. Only six bolts needed to be undone, then you drop the factory RMM and bracket, and replace it with the new one. There are many videos on this, just use the Google or You Tube and you'll be good to go. It really is much easier than I thought it would be going into the swap.

After starting it up, I honestly forgot that I had installed it (did oil last) and was listening for any weird noises that would indicate a botched oil job (like leaving the drain plug out, had a buddy do that), and kind of freaked out because the car seemed to idle rough. Like I said, I freaked out a bit, all for about 1/10 seconds until I realized what else I had done and was good to go from there. I installed the 88A durometer version. There are definitely more vibrations at idle and while taking off (anything under 1500rpm), but it isn't significant at all. If you have an exhaust that's any louder than stock at idle, you likely wouldn't notice too much anyways. This is one of those things you have to realize when buying an RMM though. If you think the vibrations will bother you, get the softer version which will still be a vast improvement over stock and much better than the version I ordered. Hard launches and shifting feel much better now, no more clunk when shifting from 1-2.
pics or it didn't happen LOL

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #23
There is some truth to that...I'll get some tomorrow, just found out I'm off work all week which doesn't suck because I get paid anyways.
niceeeeee!
please take some pics
need some on car of the AWR and that filter buddy!

Too easy man...I realized about halfway through my test ride that I completely forgot to take pics of everything. I won't be able to get any side-by-side comparison pics of the RMM's, but can definitely get some of it installed. I have to say, that thing fit absolutely perfect though...and what a nice piece it is too.

That is a good looking piece!
Dude the thing is solid in hand, and I like the design over the other RMM's offered. To be fair, I haven't had any first hand experience with the others.

Got about 500 miles on it so far, and it may have gotten a tad smoother. At idle it isn't as bad, but when you take off and up to about 1700 RPM it's got a nice vibration to it. Again, not unbearable but definitely more than stock. It's enough to rattle my spoiler at idle only when the hatch is open (I have risers installed, which accentuates this for sure...going to get some foam to isolate the vibrations eventually, but it's not that bad at all).

This thing is priced like a used aftermarket RMM, but is new...highly recommended.

Installed this motor mount (70a) yesterday. Super easy to install, took me about 30 min including getting the car in the air. I have no vibrations except when taking off and revving. Idle is smooth which is surprising. The driving experience of the car is way better now with this solid mount. I don't feel like the engine is going to fall in my lap now. They did initially sent me the wrong aluminum spacer on the mount but promptly sent me the correct one so it could be installed. I was a little bummed I didn't get any decals, I love sticker bombing my tool cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been swamped as of late and haven't installed mine yet.

How do I know if I have the wrong bushing?

Looking at the pictures above did 92fox get the wrong spacer as well? That back bushing doesn't look right...

Looking at the pictures above did 92fox get the wrong spacer as well? That back bushing doesn't look right...
It's not the bushing that's wrong, it's the raw aluminum spacer (beside the red bushing in above pics) that was incorrect. I believe we accidentally got sent the spacer for a base (non ST) Fiesta. An honest mistake, and AWR rushed me out another spacer super fast which fit perfectly. Here's how you can tell if you've got the right one: big hole on one side, small hole on the other = correct spacer. Big holes on both sides = wrong spacer. If you've got the wrong one, let Ron know and he'll take care of it. AWR is a stand up company that stands beside their products, and we all know Ron is a stand up guy.

Yea I quickly typed that, the bushing in the photos above is half hanging out of the mount. I'm guessing that's due to the spacer being wrong?

The spacer I have is just one constant id. From your description that's the wrong one?

Yea I quickly typed that, the bushing in the photos above is half hanging out of the mount. I'm guessing that's due to the spacer being wrong?

The spacer I have is just one constant id. From your description that's the wrong one?
Yes, it's the wrong one. (See pics) The correct one is longer with different I.D. Just let Ron know and he'll get you the right one sent out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a package with the right aluminum spacer bushing from AWR this week, but haven't been able to get under the car (this weekend it will happen). I never would have known, but Ron saw my pictures and contacted AWR, another testament to how he is not a fire-and-forget kind of business, but will go above and beyond to ensure his customers get the correct service.

When I get under the car, I will remove the mount and get comparison pics of the bushing and post them up.

Disregard the comparisons pics mentioned above...if I had scrolled down I would've seen that MisSTrouble beat me to it. Kudos!

Ok, guys. I inadvertently caused an issue, so lemme give y'all some clarification. My spacer was incorrect, so I contacted Ron, who immediately contacted AWR, who immediately sent me the spacer that you see in the above pics. It was apparently a one-off design, as AWR most likely thought I was the only one with the issue. Apparently the correct spacers ARE the same I.D. all the way through. I thought everyone else's looked like mine, so I gave y'all some erroneous information. Apologies to ron@whoosh and you guys for any panic or confusion I may have caused. I try to give the best info to the community that I can based off my experiences. I'd also like to say that I'm extremely pleased with the new mount. Thanks again to Ron for bringing this to us and for the great customer service.

Trouble maker =P

I just wanted to install my motor mounts this weekend! Once Tony gets some dimensions sent to me I can figure out if I'm good to go or not...

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #38
yes
that company has fallen on some hard times
I don't want to tell you their business but they had a break in and there was theft and damage done to equipment , etc.
So while I still speak to the owner and feel it may happen someday and truly feel sorry for them. It doesn't look good.

As for the spacer mix up - if anyone feels they have an incorrect spacer don't hesitate to call me or Tony @ AWR directly
Thank you MisSTouble for pointing out this issue
Now that we know about it, anyone that has a mount will be contacted to verify their spacer

One last thing,

I'm working with AWR to offer all 3 bushings as an Extreme kit for those who want to "tune" their mount
it will obviously add cost to the kit but you'll no longer have to decide which mount to buy

thoughts?????

After talking with Tony yesterday I realized I had an extra stock rear mount stashed away so I could pull some dimensions and compare.

Tony believed that I had the correct mount which is why he didn't send me out a corrective spacer like he did for some of you. But my measurements are showing right around a -.316 difference in height from stock to awr. Tony said the corrective spacer was .300 longer so I too have the wrong spacer!

I did take the chance to take some pictures with the stock mount for comparison.

And for all of the lurkers/potential buyers, don't be put off by this spacer mix-up! This is a very well built motor mount at a great price point. The mixup is know and has been fixed.

Attachments

After talking with Tony yesterday I realized I had an extra stock rear mount stashed away so I could pull some dimensions and compare.

Tony believed that I had the correct mount which is why he didn't send me out a corrective spacer like he did for some of you. But my measurements are showing right around a -.316 difference in height from stock to awr. Tony said the corrective spacer was .300 longer so I too have the wrong spacer!

I did take the chance to take some pictures with the stock mount for comparison.

And for all of the lurkers/potential buyers, don't be put off by this spacer mix-up! This is a very well built motor mount at a great price point. The mixup is know and has been fixed.

so is the spacer in these photos the incorrect one and you need more of that cone shaped spacer?