Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tires good for straight line and road course?

Based

This might belong in a different section, but I figured since this is where people talk about tracking their car I would ask it here. What tires would be good to run as a daily tire but also for the drag strip and road course? I'm stage 3 now and traction for the most part is my weakest link. I'm getting the x47 hybrid turbo soon so it will only be exaggerated even more.

I plan on getting 16x7 RPF1 wheels. Do I HAVE to go 16x8 or wider to benefit the most from getting new wheels and tires? Or will a good compound be enough on a 16x7? I don't want to put too wide wheels or tires because I want to keep the peppy turn in of the stock setup.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #3
A lot of people claim that PierceMotorsports 2 point lower chassis brace helps traction immensely. Unfortunately this thread goes to shit about halfway through, but there's a lot of great info in it.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...t-lower-chassis-brace-rear-torsion-bar-A-mods
Huh I've never heard of that company before. The 2 point front brace is only $90. I think I'm gonna buy one. I wonder if just having the front brace will upset the car in some way. Thanks for the info!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #4
The midship brace looks like a good buy too!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I believe that the mid-brace was designed to run a larger aftermarket exhaust. I don't think there'd be any real performance benefit by using one. From what I've read, it makes the least amount of difference out of all the braces.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #6
I believe that the mid-brace was designed to run a larger aftermarket exhaust. I don't think there'd be any real performance benefit by using one. From what I've read, it makes the least amount of difference out of all the braces.
Oh ok I saw that it was lighter and stronger so I figured it was worth it. But really idk how much weight you could lose from such a small piece.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Yes, it was designed for larger exhausts because some people, including myself, had clearance issues.

Source: It was designed off of my car. I think I still have the raw finish pictures somewhere.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I think the 2-4-6 point brace + torsion bar make the biggest difference based on what I've read, but I read on another thread that the "trunk brace" made a noticeable difference on the track as well.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #9
I think the 2-4-6 point brace + torsion bar make the biggest difference based on what I've read, but I read on another thread that the "trunk brace" made a noticeable difference on the track as well.
I wonder how much difference the 6 point is compared to the 2 point. I don't want to add a whole lot of weight to my car.

And also, idk what people are talking about losing traction just by flooring it. I have a stratified flash tune and I don't lose traction and I'm stage 3 minus downpipe. But then again maybe that's because I have the Cobb traction control.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Yes, it was designed for larger exhausts because some people, including myself, had clearance issues.

Source: It was designed off of my car. I think I still have the raw finish pictures somewhere.

Haha! That's awesome!

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I wonder how much difference the 6 point is compared to the 2 point. I don't want to add a whole lot of weight to my car.

And also, idk what people are talking about losing traction just by flooring it. I have a stratified flash tune and I don't lose traction and I'm stage 3 minus downpipe. But then again maybe that's because I have the Cobb traction control.

It's probably chrome-moly. Light weight stuff

That's a good point. That said, it might not need to retard the timing as much if you're physically reducing wheelspin buy reducing wheel hop by using the 2 point brace. That last sentence may sound funny, but it makes sense in my head lol

This is a good question as I spin through all of 1st, 2nd and 3rd with the x47. I ordered a set of a 17x7 lighter wheels and slightly wider than stock Falken Azenis rt615k+'s, will report back with how much better they are vs the stock wheels/tires.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #14
It's probably chrome-moly. Light weight stuff

That's a good point. That said, it might not need to retard the timing as much if you're physically reducing wheelspin buy reducing wheel hop by using the 2 point brace. That last sentence may sound funny, but it makes sense in my head lol
Yeah I understand what you're saying lol.

I'm just wondering if there is a big difference in the 2, 4, and 6 point. The 6 point is $200 more than the 2 point but if it's a big difference i would consider it. My car is my daily and will see a track day a few times a year (I hope)

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Yeah I understand what you're saying lol.

I'm just wondering if there is a big difference in the 2, 4, and 6 point. The 6 point is $200 more than the 2 point but if it's a big difference i would consider it. My car is my daily and will see a track day a few times a year (I hope)

The differences between the 2-4-6 point brace has been an ongoing question with seemingly no real answers. Some say the 6 point is probably overkill, but everyone that has the 6-point say they love it. My guess would be this: going from 0 brace to 2 point brace is probably a bigger difference than going from the 2 point to 6 point.

No matter what, the 6-point is more appealing though lol

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #16
The differences between the 2-4-6 point brace has been an ongoing question with seemingly no real answers. Some say the 6 point is probably overkill, but everyone that has the 6-point say they love it. My guess would be this: going from 0 brace to 2 point brace is probably a bigger difference than going from the 2 point to 6 point.

No matter what, the 6-point is more appealing though lol
Yeah that's exactly what I am thinking. Going from no brace to the 2 point is probably a bigger difference than going from 2 point to 6. I think I'm gonna order the front 2 point and the rear torsion bar thing. I've been reading about those two things and man some people say some amazing things lol. One dude said he put BC Coilovers, the front brace, and the rear brace and his car is a completely different car in terms of handling.

all i'm going to say is i came for the tire talk, and it's only brace talk lol

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #18
all i'm going to say is i came for the tire talk, and it's only brace talk lol
Well hey if anyone wants to suggest tires I'm all for it lol. I'm sure if I got the bracing and then got tires id have no problem with traction lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
True.

The only reason I installed one on mine is to have MAX clearance for the cp-e Nexus 3" system.

It also saves about a pound over the factory stamped steel brace. LOL