Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune/Green Filter overall quality questions.

Hi All,

I ordered a Mountune filter and the first one I got was defective (there was a large gap between the filtering material and the frame). Mountune sent me a replacement, but on the new filter I got, the wire-mesh appears to be broken in some spots and is poking through the filter material. I did my best to take a photo of it with my crappy phone camera. Is this normal/does this happen occasionally? Does anyone else have or had a drop-in filter with this issue? Would you trust this in your car? Or am I being dramatic?

I'm a bit concerned with using this in my car seeing as there are potentially loose metal bits that could break off. I'm also a tad annoyed that this is the second filter I received with apparent defect, but was hoping to see if this is something that's normal before I reach out to Mountune again.

Thanks,
-The Ryan

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I encourage you to try my RAMAIR foam panel
if you find the same problems, return it.

I'll wager that you'll LOVE it!!!

Foam filter is the best. I run the itg foam filter. Definitely buy the one from Ron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Nevada. I've used cobb and mountune panel filters. Both were bought brand new. We had a small dust / sand storm. I decided to inspect the filters after and i noticed there was small film of dust on my intake tubing near the MAF area. Quickly switched over to the OEM paper filter and had no issues or dust films afterwards. Even made the same power with Strat tune and no difference between foam and oem on the V-dyno w/ tune. I just lost out on the turbo induction sounds. I wouldn't want pitting in my turbo fins due to the dust/sand.

I live in Nevada. I've used cobb and mountune panel filters. Both were bought brand new. We had a small dust / sand storm. I decided to inspect the filters after and i noticed there was small film of dust on my intake tubing near the MAF area. Quickly switched over to the OEM paper filter and had no issues or dust films afterwards. Even made the same power with Strat tune and no difference between foam and oem on the V-dyno w/ tune. I just lost out on the turbo induction sounds. I wouldn't want pitting in my turbo fins due to the dust/sand.
#mygreatestfear

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah i have just installed my RAMAIR filter, so far so good. I can even hear the turbo sound better now. I know this sounds weird, but my mileage has improved dramatically? hmmm

DBLE

The Whoosh site says it can be cleaned with hot, soapy water. Any specifics on this? What kind of soap? Is it simply swishing the filter around in the soapy water followed by air drying it? I've only used OEM or K&N replacement filters on prior cars. Considering this foam filter from Whoosh.