Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Truck buying advice

Hey,

My dad is in the market for a truck to pull our boat, and I would like some advice:

We can get a new 2017 f150 for <25k. For that price, we can also get a used tundra trd for <20k, but they'll have <100k miles.

Or.. Nissan has a Turbo Diesel for <32k.

Thoughts?

I've test driven all those (but not the diesel Nissan, it was the gas version)(and, the Ford was a 2016). By far, the Ford with the 2.7 turbo drove the best. I also drove the 2016 Ram 1500 and ended up buying a 2015 Chevy Silverado, simply because the incentives were tremendous when I purchased. I still wish I had spent the extra money and bought the equivalent Ford. They drive much better, in my opinion.

For less than $25k I have to guess that you are looking at the single cab, probably kind of stripped down. I'll tell you right now, that I drove several different variations of most of the full size trucks, and particularly the Ford, and the single cab, short bed, base model with the 2.7 Turbo was REALLY fast and actually pretty nice to drive, especially for a truck. I came really close to buying that one (for about $24k), but needed extra seating since I was replacing a family car.

My recommendation is the brand new Ford if you can get what you need for that price. It blows away the other trucks you mentioned.

Look at videos online for TFL Truck, they do a good job of real world driving with towing. I personally own an f150 and would own nothing else. They simply are the best...

I personally had a 2015 F-150 with the 2.7L Ecoboost. I absolutely loved the truck. the combination of lightweight materials and new powetrain really make every other truck feel a decade older.

You will not be disappointed by the F-150, like Chicagoslick said, they are simply the best.

zanethan

I'm not all up to date on the latest in the truck world, but I do know that Toyota has fallen into the same trap that GM did in the early '00s. They are relying solely on a badge to sell cars and are putting in little to no R&D into new products. I would go F-150 based solely on how much I like what Ford is doing with their products right now. If memory serves me correctly the Nissan is a Dodge Ram with different sheet metal. I could be wrong about that though.

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
Thanks. Went to the dealership and took home a 2010 45k miles f150 for a really, REALLY good price, but, there is an ugly wrap done. Wrap seems of good quality, but it's a bunch of eagles and American flags. I'm all about nationalism, but it's a bit much for a truck. I'll need to slowly remove the graphics in a few weeks.

Sent from my Le X522 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Vote for 2.7l Ford turbo also.....🤘

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk