Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fleet Guide - No New Fiesta for North America in 2018

http://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/2018/2018_Fiesta.pdf - The fleet guide is usually representative of what will get sold to the general public for the upcoming model year. If an older chassis is sold alongside a new one, Ford usually is good about changing the name of the old model somewhat, like when the tenth generation F150 was sold alongside the new eleventh gen trucks in the 2004 model year as the "F150 Heritage".

I'm slightly disappointed, but at least I know if my car gets totaled, I can replace it with what I already love for another year, at least. The only changes noted for 2018 are the availability of lightning blue, hot pepper red metallic tinted clearcoat, and outrageous green metallic tinted clearcoat. Chances are those colors will not be offered on the ST, though, so we're stuck with another year of monochromatic choices, or a metallic pumpkin.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thanks for this, at least we know the ST lives on another year.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Good to know. Likely be one or two more years before the remodelled 3 door version in put into the 4 door. Cheaper not to change the car to avoid all the certification costs when doing g a large overhaul (engine etc..)

If the 2018 ST is available in lightning blue I'm getting on a waiting list. Sad we're not getting the new generation, it seems Ford was going in a bad direction under their former CEO. Bringing back the Expedition, a focus on bigger vehicles, etc. Sad :(

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
If the 2018 ST is available in lightning blue I'm getting on a waiting list. Sad we're not getting the new generation, it seems Ford was going in a bad direction under their former CEO. Bringing back the Expedition, a focus on bigger vehicles, etc. Sad :(
I'll need to see it in person, but I'm inclined to do the same, as blue was the color I originally wanted in the first place.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
l will believe it when Ford makes an official announcement. I have serious doubts they just decided to allow "Fleet" sales (how many companies will stock up on ST's for fleet use?) to leak a version that is different from the world ST's without a rollout announcement. I said months ago I don't think we will get the 1.5L engines. So it may be true, but Ford said at the European rollout that the North American market would be addressed later. That would imply an announcement to me. I love my '16 so I will not be buying anyway, but my Daughter is interested in an '18.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
just as I expected. Fields was never a fan of smaller cars as I learned with the MkI Focus. His "bold moves" products were just terrible. Anyone who has driven a Ford from 2005-2010 knows those were dark times. I just spent a week with a 2009 Fusion while my Fiesta was getting worked on. It reminded me how terrible Ford was with the Bold Moves. With the market changing back to crossovers and large trucks due to low gas prices, and the unknown changes to NAFTA, there is no way the US market would get a new Fiesta in 2018. It never made any of the major shows in 2017, which was a clear indicator. Being a model year or two behind the EU model would not be terrible as it is better than killing the car all together. Some of us have dedicated a good part of our lives promoting and supporting the Fiesta and seeing it go away would be sad.