Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

windshield weather stripping already degraded, discolored and cracking after only 2 years

anyone else have their window weather stripping falling apart? mine is discolored and cracked. Car is just 2 years old last month. will warranty replace?

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bumper to bumper 3 years or 36k whatever comes first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #4
Pretty much everything that is black on the exterior is already discolored. The black on the rear is practically white now. This would be the third thing I have had the car in for warranty on.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #7
apparently. I have not driven it in a year because I have been injured.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #9
It is unfortunate that the fit and finish of the car is so low rent. But then it is essentially a 14k dollar car with recaro's and a turbo so I do understand that the build quality won't be to the level as say a miata.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^When I was removing the rear seats and belts today, I was actually impressed at the quality of everything (trim, fasteners/clips/rubber seals/weatherstripping) for what is basically an economy car.

But then, mine is only 9 months old, and we do not get the UV BLASTING which you (and Arizona/Tejas/N.M.) get there.

I am going to start using one of the quality aftermarket silicone treatments (Wurth, Gummi Pflege, the Honda stuff everyone raves about) for all of the weatherstripping anyway, to try and stave off the problems you are currently having.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
^^^When I was removing the rear seats and belts today, I was actually impressed at the quality of everything (trim, fasteners/clips/rubber seals/weatherstripping) for what is basically an economy car.

But then, mine is only 9 months old, and we do not get the UV BLASTING which you (and Arizona/Tejas/N.M.) get there.

I am going to start using one of the quality aftermarket silicone treatments (Wurth, Gummi Pflege, the Honda stuff everyone raves about) for all of the weatherstripping anyway, to try and stave off the problems you are currently having.
Does your car feel more nimble/quick without the seats?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does your car feel more nimble/quick without the seats?
I have not had a chance to drive it this way yet, so I don't know.

But it has to make some, even if slight difference, even if it cannot be 'butt dyno' sensed, since these cars don't have gobs of power from the factory, and every gram off of them does help.

I am now wondering IF all of the rear 'Torsion' bars, and sway bar options for these cars were R&Ded at FULL weight (especially the rear weight distribution), and just how much more they will effect the handling characteristics with the reduced rear weight. [dunno]

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I have not had a chance to drive it this way yet, so I don't know.

But it has to make some, even if slight difference, even if it cannot be 'butt dyno' sensed, since these cars don't have gobs of power from the factory, and every gram off of them does help.

I am now wondering IF all of the rear 'Torsion' bars, and sway bar options for these cars were R&Ded at FULL weight (especially the rear weight distribution), and just how much more they will effect the handling characteristics with the reduced rear weight. [dunno]
Let me know after you drive it a bit.

Well, the U.K. Version is lighter in the rear; hasn't stopped anyone from loving them- assuming the spring rates are the same etc. you can always fill up the tank to put the weight back in as well.

Use solution finish and spray wax if you replace the old ones this will keep them healthy as long as you keep putting the product on.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I'm betting the weatherstrip material is the exact same as in a GT500.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #16
will do. I am just getting my licence back this week after a year of not driving due to injury. Thats why the car sat for so long without wax treatment