Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The ST and Roof Boxes

Yo!

I've found a couple of threads where people mount up their STs with roof mounted crossbars for bike trays and ski racks. However, I can't find any pictures or firm anecdotes of people mounting cargo boxes (Thule Motion, Yakima Skybox, etc.) to crossbars. I plan on going the hitch route for a bike rack, as I have an unused one laying around, but the added capacity of a roof mounted cargo box would be great for road trips, ski season, camping and such.

etrailer has a few pictures of boxes mounted on a standard Fiesta hatch, but not an ST. The Thule and Yakima website fit guides list a couple of models that will fit the standard hatch, but I've been burned by trusting those things too much before.

Has anyone mounted a roof box on their ST? Did you have to do any finagling to clear the rear wing? What setup did you use? Do you have any photos? Thanks in advance!