Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My new audio system plans. And questions

So besides the tinted windows, my first mod on my FiST was a sub. Easy enough install, b piller line out converter, sub and amp... it was fine... for a year, but now it's about to be summer and I have determined, I need better speakers but I want it to be good. And with my experience in sound mods in the past, just plugging in New speakers is never enough, so here is what I'm thinking

A JL AUDIO FIX86 digital sound processor to fix the signal and feed to the
5 channel amp that will power
My existing sub
A pair of component speakers to the front
A pair of coaxial speakers in the back
Sound deading for all doors.

So here are a few questions or things I'm wondering as I try to plan this out.

I was thinking of getting the input signals for the DSP from the factory speaker wires so I don't have to deal with getting behind the dash (haven't seen any good write ups on this anyway.) But. It seems like a lot of wire to run. Literally 2 pairs of wire to each speaker? (One for the input to the DSP and one for output from amp to speaker) I mean, it is what it is, if I need it then that's what I'll do but, is there a smarter way? (I would still like the option of fading front and rear, and overall the most OEM integration possible)

The DPS has an input for factory sub but since that doesn't exist, it should separate the full range signal automatically correct?

The FIX86 will need to get the speaker inputs regardless of where you get them from. This is how it converts the signal to RCA outputs for your amp(s). If you don't want fade and balance control you can just get an 82 and tie into the rear left coaxial speaker and use it for signal. Either way you will still have to tie the amp into the individual speaker locations to provide the power to the speakers.

As far as the sub question, the Fix will not get wires terminated onto the sub input but will allow you to use low pass signal (if one exist) coming from the other speakers, to the amp(s). There are a few videos on youtube explaining some of this and the JL manual does a pretty good job showing hook up...It can be pretty complex if you are not fully versed on this type of equipment. While this can be done by a novice installer, this type of job is better suited for a professional installer. Best of luck. You will not be disappointed in JL Audio.

http://www.jlaudio.com/fix-86-car-audio-processors-system-tuning-98103