Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Rear Motor Mount for Fiesta ST - Installed Review

Is this not odd to anyone else that COBB's bushing holes are oversized? Doesnt seem to make for a good fit.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
[video=youtube;5kyT0agIgdQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kyT0agIgdQ[/video]

Install video

True. But, its much looser spec than the OEM unit.

Also, I didnt notice any extra vibration at idle as others have. Nice and smooth w/ firmer shifts.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Nice vid only thing they forgot was to Torque the engine mount bolts to the Ford Spec (Torque : 70 Nm or about 50 Ft lbs)
That's interesting because Cobb did not specify. They do for the Focus, but did not for Fiesta.

I will add that to the next version. I used the standard Ford "oomph and a half" torque spec because it wasn't specified in my directions.

@moshaholic: Do you have an exhaust already?

Just curious what the variable here might be with your car.

@moshaholic: Do you have an exhaust already?

Just curious what the variable here might be with your car.
No exhaust yet (been waiting on a cp-e downpipe for two weeks)

Im not a drag launcher and perhaps my other mounts are in better shape than some others on here. Nor did I have the engine hitting my firewall.

for me the mod is for more positive shifts and better power application out of corners.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Installed mine today. I have a little cut on my cheek from the stock mount falling out and hitting me in the face lol.

CanadianST

My insert arrived today after just 2 days of sending the message that one wasn't included with my mount, amazing service from COBB as usual. Just threw it on and is it ever easier the second time haha. Took all of 10 minutes and jacking up only the drivers side front wheel. So much easier than other cars I've had. Couldn't be happier!

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Gave her a nice little 1st-2nd WOT pull earlier. Grips much better and the annoying knock is gone. Now when I shift to second, all you hear is tires chirping haha

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
First time I heard the engine hitting the firewall, I thought I'd really damaged something. I'm going to install my Cobb RMM (engine isolation bushing) tomorrow. Can't wait.

CanadianST

I plan to get one but how many have had missing parts?
Pretty sure it was just the first few that were sold missing the insert. I bought mine minutes after they were available. COBB was aware when I sent them the message so any further should have it.

XuperXero

I'm quite curious about the engine hitting the firewalls. I've done repeated drag launches already and have never heard of this banging against something... Does this issue only occur to USDM model? Any euro model can confirm?

Edit: I've also noticed that I don't get wheel hop either... Maybe my mount is stiff enough already?