Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Rear Motor Mount for Fiesta ST - Installed Review

I have it less than a week installed, it does feel great, but with the recent heat wave in SoCal with the AC on at idle there is a bit more low end hum and vibrations when idle. hopefully it will break in.

me32

1000 Post Club
I have it less than a week installed, it does feel great, but with the recent heat wave in SoCal with the AC on at idle there is a bit more low end hum and vibrations when idle. hopefully it will break in.
Thats good to know. So that's the only real down fall then?

Yea that's all I've noticed so far. Otherwise driving and changing gears, the car definitely feels more solid.

BlueBomber is right, most of the traction issues i get now are when im flooring it while in gear in first or second

Got mine installed yesternight. Good amount of vibration at first but it died down as soon as I gave it some gas down the road and let it come back down to idle. Still some vibration but I've been told it will die down significantly after a few thousand miles. Anyhow, car feels FAR better now. More direct feeling.

Anyone do the install using rhino ramps or something similar? Someone on another forum said they couldn't get the motor mount off until they put it on jack stands.

CanadianST

Anyone do the install using rhino ramps or something similar? Someone on another forum said they couldn't get the motor mount off until they put it on jack stands.
As long as you lift it off the front lifting point with a jack and put it just high enough to get under should be fine. Make sure to throw a jack stand under as well incase the jack lets go. I did this and didn't have the slightest problem.

As long as you lift it off the front lifting point with a jack and put it just high enough to get under should be fine. Make sure to throw a jack stand under as well incase the jack lets go. I did this and didn't have the slightest problem.
I don't currently own jack stands but I'll buy them if jacking it up is the only way to do this. I would need jack stands in the fall to change my tires anyway.

I jacked up only the passenger side, and was able to replace easily from the front of the car. It came off fairly easily. The Cobb mount installed easily as well. I attatched the back bolt first, the front didn't quite line up but you can easily rock the engine back a bit by hand and the bolt threaded right in.

Looking back, it would probably just as easy or even better jacking the drivers side.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
IF you can find a way to move the motor just a tiny bit to get the bolt holes to line up you should be fine.. Just error on the side of SAFE !!!

me32

1000 Post Club
So those of you who have bought this are you guys stock or modded running tunes?

no-pistons

I removed and installed my motor mount (power flex bushings) while on ramps. No problems.

Thanks for the information guys.

To answer the person who asked, I am currently stock but may get a tuner in the future. I just want to eliminate that 1st to 2nd bumping that happens too often.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
I removed and installed my motor mount (power flex bushings) while on ramps. No problems.
to anyone wondering about whether you can do this on ramps -YES you can do it on ramps as removing the wheels is unnecessary

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Any problems yet from anybody? Except the idling with the AC on, which is what's happening correct?