Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Rear Motor Mount for Fiesta ST - Installed Review

Mine settled in nicely after only 1-200 miles or so. There is vibration at idle with AC on.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
The RMM is a great upgrade, but I kinda want more lol.
It solved the knocking issue from 1st-2nd, but now I get a decent amount of wheel hop.
Maybe a solid trans mount or upper mm would help a bit more

Etyrnus

I'm on the stock tune, but it made a very noticeable difference. And Colin, I think you're on the money about the upper mount, the amount of movement available to the engine after the RMM is still surprising. My friend was at the dyno with me when I got my baseline, and he commented that if it moves that much with the RMM, it must have been scary with the stock mount.

Installed and taken out for a bit of a test. Definitely glad I made this my first mod.

Install was easy even for a newb at getting under cars like me. The extension I had was only 3 inches and it was still workable.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
Yup, installation is a snap. I've had mine in for a while now and I hardly notice it anymore.

Hey, just a heads up to anyone local - for the first FIVE customers to buy a Cobb Rear Motor Mount at ModBargains in La Habra, CA, we're also offering free installation for the first five FiST owners that take us up on it. I'm not the salesperson, but I think that's a great deal for anyone iffy about doing it themselves; we can take care of it for you in half an hour or less. It's MUCH easier to install the Cobb RMM than trying to swap out the bushings, let me tell you that.

Still love mine and it's a smokin deal for anyone local!

Awesome for banging gears. 1st to 2nd and to 3rd at WOT are awesome. Dislike the nasty rumble with AC on...

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Just got this installed not too long ago, still can feel the engine move at times, if I could do it again I would go boomba. Needs to be a stiffer RMM imo

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Got it installed by a shop, they're a Cobb dealer and been around for eons, so I'm guessing it's done right, do u feel anything under you butt when u shift? Maybe I feeling the tranny??

I do not experience much else other than vibrations through the steering wheel and shift knob. Even though it was installed by a Cobb dealer, I would still make sure it is torqued to the appropriate 50 ft/lbs that Ford recommends those engine studs to be at. The upper nuts connecting the downpipe bracketing should be tightened with a "heft and a half" sort of effort in my opinion. Tightening those too much can sheer them off. Ask me how I know. :p

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I do not experience much else other than vibrations through the steering wheel and shift knob. Even though it was installed by a Cobb dealer, I would still make sure it is torqued to the appropriate 50 ft/lbs that Ford recommends those engine studs to be at. The upper nuts connecting the downpipe bracketing should be tightened with a "heft and a half" sort of effort in my opinion. Tightening those too much can sheer them off. Ask me how I know. :p

When I am shifting from 1šŸ‘‰šŸ¼2 I can still feel the engine move like before, only improvements I can honestly speak on is, at higher rpms it feels more solid but the 1šŸ‘‰šŸ¼2 even 2šŸ‘‰šŸ¼3 it feels [wiggle][wiggle]

JWA

If you decide to buy one of the stiffer options, I'm looking for a used Cobb RMM.

JWA

I ordered the stage 1 package from ModBargains and installed it today. After a good test drive, I think that the RMM is perfect. There might be slightly more vibration at idle, but it just feels like a stock sports car. Not over the top modded. My biggest concern with the stock RMM was the yoyoing when taking off, even at normal city speeds. That is now eliminated completely and it is just smooth and progressive. Shifts are now smoother, and I was surprised how much I remembered the engine rocking when under braking before installing it. Very satisfied.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I ordered the stage 1 package from ModBargains and installed it today. After a good test drive, I think that the RMM is perfect. There might be slightly more vibration at idle, but it just feels like a stock sports car. Not over the top modded. My biggest concern with the stock RMM was the yoyoing when taking off, even at normal city speeds. That is now eliminated completely and it is just smooth and progressive. Shifts are now smoother, and I was surprised how much I remembered the engine rocking when under braking before installing it. Very satisfied.
Now get yourself a shortshift adapter and youll be happier. Got mine from boomba.