Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Rear Motor Mount for Fiesta ST - Installed Review

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Hey guys,

I got around to installing my Cobb Rear Motor Mount for Fiesta ST (available at ModBargains 714-582-3330 ask for Jurrian) - anyways install was surprisingly fast and easy. You need a 13mm, a short extension, ratchet and hammer.

Just get the car elevated slightly, preferrably level - having four jackstands would be great here.

Anyways - here are my impressions:

Upside: In-gear or any time the car is moving, smooth as glass. Shifts feel more positive, handling is better because the motor's not jumping around the goddamned engine bay and in general, the car just feels "better" somehow.

Downside: While there is no increase in vibration while moving, at idle there is a subtle vibration.

Overall Conclusion:
Thrilled I installed this, even with the increase in vibration ONLY at idle, it makes such an improvement in the car for the rest of the time you're driving it that it's absolutely worth the tradeoff.
I can see why Ford didn't use a stiffer durometer bushing in the roll resistor in the first place but that sloppy bushing really hampers the car.

Looking good, now I'm debating if I want to wait for a stage package from cobb and install it all at once or just get it. Future CARB compliance might affect messing with the intake.

they sent some missing the rear insert. they should have called you and said the extra part is on the way.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Apparently there must've been a bad batch that went out without that piece.

Yes, you were missing a part.

Be sure you have the stupid little spacer washer that goes with it too. I almost lost that bastard like 3-4 times.

CanadianST

Apparently there must've been a bad batch that went out without that piece.

Yes, you were missing a part.

Be sure you have the stupid little spacer washer that goes with it too. I almost lost that bastard like 3-4 times.
I've got the little spacer at least lol. Messaged COBB and they apologized a number of times and are sending me the insert right away, gotta love their customer service!

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I've got the little spacer at least lol. Messaged COBB and they apologized a number of times and are sending me the insert right away, gotta love their customer service!
Absolutely. They may not always get it right but they'll always bend over backwards to fix it. They accidentally sent me a Focus ST air filter and then OVERNIGHTED the correct one with a return label for the focus filter. pretty cool

Grrrrrrrr. The bushing insert that COBB overnighted was sent "signature required in person" even though the mount was sent no signature required and was delivered.

Fedex depot is 80 miles round trip to retrieve the part. NOT gonna make that trip. Must be a new driver, they usually know my garage code and put stuff inside for me.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
They sent one guy on one of these forums an sti shift knob also....damn Cobb are you guys drinking the same shit the mexico Ford plant workers are?

CanadianST

They sent one guy on one of these forums an sti shift knob also....damn Cobb are you guys drinking the same shit the mexico Ford plant workers are?
Speaking of the plant workers....Did the car's first oil change today and I'd like to see the size of the guy who put the filter on, was it ever on tight!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Think the engines are shipped from the UK with filters installed so it my be a Clarkston that installed it ...

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Think the engines are shipped from the UK with filters installed so it my be a Clarkston that installed it ...
I thought I was just being a wimp or something when I wasn't able to get my oil filter off when I wanted to change my oil. But since it seems I'm not the only one and a "Clarkston" sounds like some sort of diabolical machine, so I'll cop to this.... When I found I couldn't budge the filter, I said screw it and took my Ford filter and own oil to Jiffy Lube and just paid the guy $25.99 to do a pop-n-drop and get it off for me.

Saved me a trip to autozone to dispose of the used oil.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well my bad I can never remember how to spell his last name must be cuz I am a phat american ... Jeremy Clarkson (no T)