Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kyle's '17 Focus RS Build - Angel

TempeST

Hi everyone, so I sold my DHM EFR big turbo Fiesta ST and picked up a Frozen White NO OPTIONS 2017 Focus RS. It was the only one on island as I did not want the frilly extras, and wasn't even looking for one, but I got this car for a steal. I will not say how much, but it was UNDER MSRP.

This has been cross posted from the RS forum, I will keep all of you updated along the way. The RS guys are not my kind of people, they would prefer fighting over who is better than who, and who has more money, and what car is better. and fixing things that have never been broken. So with that being said. I brought myself back to the light with my Fiesta ST peeps whom I like MUCH better. Thanks for reading everyone!

05/30/17
My Dead Hook Motorsports Built longblock and head package has been ordered, and Fullblown Motorsports turbo kit has just been ordered! Woot! Can't wait to see what this thing can handle. For those of you who do not follow the Focus RS, the FBM team has hit 580whp with their turbo kit. I have ordered their Focus RS Twin Scroll Turbo kit with the Gen 2 GTX3071R .82ar turbine housing. The Turbo kit will be built and sent to DHM for Russ to be able to install the main parts on the motor for me and then the final pieces will be put together for final assembly.

The best part of this build... [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] will be coming to see me in Hawaii to do the tuning himself. [biggrin][loveboost] Where he will be pushing this car with both a 92 octane tune and an E50 tune to see what we can get out of it.

New Build

Performance:
COBB Accessport
COBB Replacement Air Filter
Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkel
NGK one step colder plugs
Clutchmasters FX400 Clutch
Clutchmaster RS Lightweight Flywheel
CP-E Stage 2 RMM
Stratified Automotive Controls Port Injection Kit
DHM Ethanol Content Gauge
DHM Built RS 2.3 Long Block(Forged internals/built head)
FBM Twin Scroll Turbo Kit Gen 2 GTX 3071r
Levels Performance Intercooler
DHM Protune

Cosmetic:
20% Ceramic Tint
White/Black Badges

Wheels/Tires/Suspension:
Advanti DST HY Hybris 19x8.5 +45 - 19.2lbs

Possible Future Upgrades:
FBM/ETS/Full-Race Catback Exhaust
Mountune Intake
Enkei RPF1 18x9 (If they ever make black or silver ones, the only options now are gunmetal and bronze, ewwww)
Boomba Ultimate Short Shift Kit

04/04/17
April 4th Angel suffered a blown rod, reason is still unknown. But the #1 piston is broken and the rod went through the back of the block. It has been at Ford ever since. Ford has refused to fix my motor due to the Aftermarket BOV. Yes I have fought till the very end. The car is now parked in my garage, and will remain there until she can be resurrected. There is a built engine and big turbo kit coming. Goal of 450whp on pump gas, and 550whp+ on Ethanol. I will continue updates as they come along.

2/25/17
Anyway I have had the car for about a month. I have 840 miles on the car and took it to the dyno today. 100% stock to get baseline numbers before I get my downpipe and tune. I will post the graph when my phone allows me to, but here is what the RS threw down:

STD: 318/334
SAE: 313/328

IMG_4032.jpeg
IMG_4031.jpeg

I'm glad to be here and part of this forum happy to show off my build as it goes. Oh and I did a HARD break-in for those wondering. I launched the car and went through three gears to redline right in front of the Ford Store as I was leaving it.

3/25/17 Update:

Installed the Turbosmart full recirc Shorty Plumback BOV
CP-E stage 2 Rear motor Mount
CP-E Catless Downpipe
I swapped out the stock muffler for a Magnaflow "Camaro Style" muffler
Velossa Tech Big mouth and air box seal
New Ford emblem Badges
COBB replacement Air Filter
COBB Accessport.

Waiting for install:
Levels Performance Intercooler
17psi Turbosmart WGA
DHM Protune

Installed the new Wheels and tires. This combo effectively dropped 9.4lbs on each corner from my Stock RS wheels

Advanti HY Hybris 19x8.5 +45 19.2lbs each.
235/35/19 Federal 595 RSRR tires

fullsizeoutput_25a.jpeg
IMG_4221.jpeg
IMG_4219.jpeg
IMG_4276.jpeg
IMG_4217.jpeg
IMG_4108.jpeg
IMG_4240.jpeg
IMG_4231.jpeg
IMG_4178.jpeg

More updates to come!! [biggrin]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
SWEET, CONGRATS!! [twothumb]

Sorry to hear about the block, but now you will have something which can handle ANYTHING you dare throw at it, thanks to Russ, and the magicians at DHM! [:)]

Ironically, if you painted those Advantis black, they would look all but identical to the optional $1.5K package, forged wheels from the factory.

Did you sell the stockers to the FoST owner pictured above??

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Great build, I'll be following this too.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #4
No worries on the block, I was going to build it anyway, It just really sucks it happened so soon.

As for the advanti wheels, I went with them because they looked stock-ish, but I did not want to be like every other FoRS out there with black wheels. So I went with the silver option, and I was scared about it at first. then I saw the car roll out from the shop... I was VERY happy I made the choice of going with the silver. I love it.

I did sell the stock wheels to the FoST pictured above. he is a good friend of mine that helped me out a lot on the Fiesta build, and has helped me out on the FoRS build so far. He wanted them so I told him I would sell them to him for a good price when I got my new ones on. and viola! I actually like them better on his car than I did n mine.

SWEET, CONGRATS!! [twothumb]

Sorry to hear about the block, but now you will have something which can handle ANYTHING you dare throw at it, thanks to Russ, and the magicians at DHM! [:)]

Ironically, if you painted those Advantis black, they would look all but identical to the optional $1.5K package, forged wheels from the factory.

Did you sell the stockers to the FoST owner pictured above??

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Kyle! Sad to see your FiST go, happy to see you're still a part of this forum:)

Big congrats on the car, having followed your FiST, I know this car will get quality parts along the way. Enjoy brother!

Sent from my CIA monitored device

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #6
Thanks! I will always be part of this forum. I am not fond of the RS forum so much. everyone is out to get everyone. throwing people under the bus, everyone freaking out about the smallest things, etc. There are very few threads there with good info, and most of the time they get shut down and deleted because of the ignorant and arrogant individuals always picking fights and having E-peen fights about why so and so is better and not having quality information and helping each other out as this forum does.

So I brought my Love of my RS to the FiST forum to share here.

P.S. My fiesta ST is for sale at a dealer as we speak. The guy I sold it to traded it in for a new Ecoboost truck. The dealer is asking 19k for it if anyone is interested. Certified Pre-Owned(With everything exactly how I had it) It's going to kill me seeing that thing drive around the island with a new owner.

Kyle! Sad to see your FiST go, happy to see you're still a part of this forum:)

Big congrats on the car, having followed your FiST, I know this car will get quality parts along the way. Enjoy brother!

Sent from my CIA monitored device

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks! I will always be part of this forum. I am not fond of the RS forum so much. everyone is out to get everyone. throwing people under the bus, everyone freaking out about the smallest things, etc. There are very few threads there with good info, and most of the time they get shut down and deleted because of the ignorant and arrogant individuals always picking fights and having E-peen fights about why so and so is better and not having quality information and helping each other out as this forum does.
That is REALLY sad about the FoRS forums. [:(]

They sound like spoiled bratz who have too much money for their own good, and have a need to let everyone KNOW it.

Did most of them buy their cars as daily driven 'beaters' to use when they don't want to take their GT3s and AMG Black Series (or ABOVE that 'level' ride??) out in the bad weather? [???:)]

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #9
To be honest... Yeah. they did. Now don't get me wrong, they have their share of good people on there and good info. But the most prevalent ones are the ones that make themselves known. haha, oh well. Most of the guys come from Subies and evos. so they are clashing from the past rivalries. Everyone is super sensitive about the motors and everyone thinks that the RDU is trying to fail, the only failure the car has had is the motor. People are trying to fix things that aren't broken or Build things that haven't broken yet. just throwing money at the car for things that aren't needing it or can't break because they are protected by other things. like an over heat shutdown on the PTU. If it were my thinking, I would fix the overheat issue first then worry about building the part. but Im wrong in the eyes of these guys. oh well. lol

Anyway, Super excited to get the car moving again, its been a couple months and when it gets going, it should fun. Is it weird I'm more excited about the DHM crew coming out here than anything!?

That is REALLY sad about the FoRS forums. [:(]

They sound like spoiled bratz who have too much money for their own good, and have a need to let everyone KNOW it.

Did most of them buy their cars as daily driven 'beaters' to use when they don't want to take their GT3s and AMG Black Series (or ABOVE that 'level' ride??) out in the bad weather? [???:)]

FocusMike

I traded my FiST for a FoRS too. Come join us over on FocusRSForum.com, its much friendlier than the other Focus RS sites. I'm @LonestarRS over there.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #11
Will do!! I have an account there already, but I haven't been there since I got my FoRS. That other .org site is deadly. I'm sure you know what I mean. I will definitely get into the one you mentioned. Thanks!

I wish I could have kept my FiST, but I just don't have the means to have both here in Hawaii. Once I move to the mainland again I will look into getting another one as a Daily.

I traded my FiST for a FoRS too. Come join us over on FocusRSForum.com, its much friendlier than the other Focus RS sites. I'm @LonestarRS over there.

FocusMike

Will do!! I have an account there already, but I haven't been there since I got my FoRS. That other .org site is deadly. I'm sure you know what I mean. I will definitely get into the one you mentioned. Thanks!

I wish I could have kept my FiST, but I just don't have the means to have both here in Hawaii. Once I move to the mainland again I will look into getting another one as a Daily.
Yeah I agree, it does have descent info but theres no sense of community like it is here...very different crowd.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thanks for the support, we try to run FocusRSForum.com like we do here at FiestaSTForum.com. Would love to see that community grow and evolve to something great like it has been here. I'm MKIIIRS over there too. Either way I'm excited to see [MENTION=3180]TempeST[/MENTION] build

KKaWing

Just a heads up, there's a simple air diverter (metal plate) from sico developments for the RDU. It's cheap and doubles as a rear diff protector. I figure it's cheap enough and installs with 2 rivnuts and 2 bolts to be worth just doing it cauz modz.

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #17
This engine should be able to handle more than double the stock power. haha. But I am looking for 420-450 on 92 octane, and 500+ on E50. I'd really like to see 550+ but I would prefer Spool and power band over all out power. this car sees a lot of autoX and track time. so I want ALLL the powerband. Hopefully it will make power all the way out to 8k. We will just have to see what DHM has in store for it. :)

Throws a rod on stock power, says fuck it and builds a new engine to handle 250 extra HP. You are my kind of crazy, sir. [twothumb]

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #18
Thanks I'll look into it. But from what I have come across its not the RDU, it is the PTU that heats up and shuts down the RDU. But if it shows to help the cooling and longevity of keeping it working I will look into it. So far I have not had a problem with either shutting down, I'm sure that will change however. Thanks for the Heads up!

Just a heads up, there's a simple air diverter (metal plate) from sico developments for the RDU. It's cheap and doubles as a rear diff protector. I figure it's cheap enough and installs with 2 rivnuts and 2 bolts to be worth just doing it cauz modz.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This engine should be able to handle more than double the stock power. haha. But I am looking for 420-450 on 92 octane, and 500+ on E50. I'd really like to see 550+ but I would prefer Spool and power band over all out power. this car sees a lot of autoX and track time. so I want ALLL the powerband. Hopefully it will make power all the way out to 8k. We will just have to see what DHM has in store for it. :)
Eventually, (at those power levels, especially for open track use) it will be time for a good front diff as well. ;)

OP
TempeST

TempeST

Thread Starter #20
Eventually, (at those power levels, especially for open track use) it will be time for a good front diff as well. ;)
That is on the list, But it may be a little bit before I actually get one. This build has gotten to be expensive very quickly. I would like to be able to do it all at the same time though. so I may try and find the extra funds for it.