Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST at Transmission Shop

smann575

My 2014 Fiesta ST only has 26000 miles on it and I am one month out of warranty. The transmission went out on car this morning and it is at the transmission shop. Anyone know how I can contact Ford so I can get them to pay for this crap?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you're out of warranty why do you think that they will pay for a new gearbox? And if you really want them to, why aren't you at the dealer? Is this just a vent?

OP
S

smann575

Thread Starter #3
If you're out of warranty why do you think that they will pay for a new gearbox? And if you really want them to, why aren't you at the dealer? Is this just a vent?
Not just a vent. My local Ford Dealer is horrible so I wanted to verify my issue before I even took it to them. I believe they should pay for it because the car only has 26K miles on it.

OP
S

smann575

Thread Starter #5
You are right. I am taking it to Ford this afternoon. I hope that they don't try to play games with me.

You are right. I am taking it to Ford this afternoon. I hope that they don't try to play games with me.
If they do, just take it to the next closest dealer.

And/or contact Ford directly and put the pressure on the dealer.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not just a vent. My local Ford Dealer is horrible so I wanted to verify my issue before I even took it to them. I believe they should pay for it because the car only has 26K miles on it.
Any warning before hand? I've got an on-power howl in my gearbox with only 3K miles!

My transmission wines/howls in fourth and fifth when on throttle... 22k miles.

I had to remove the axle to drop the motor, I think we used the stock spec fluid to fill it up again.