Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does Your Car Auto-Connect to Your Wi-FI When you Pull Into Your Driveway?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Mine isn't, and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to. I have Sync 3 and Wi-Fi and auto-update have been on forever. I didn't pay attention until recently when it started autodownloading the Sync 3 update, it may not have been auto-connecting before and I didn't notice. I have to input my Wi-Fi network password each time I pull up to my house, annoying.
I did change the name of my network recently and expected to have to put in the password the next time, but not to have to do it every time. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it auto-connect, I'd be grateful.

Mine isn't, and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to. I have Sync 3 and Wi-Fi and auto-update have been on forever. I didn't pay attention until recently when it started autodownloading the Sync 3 update, it may not have been auto-connecting before and I didn't notice. I have to input my Wi-Fi network password each time I pull up to my house, annoying.
I did change the name of my network recently and expected to have to put in the password the next time, but not to have to do it every time. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it auto-connect, I'd be grateful.
Try a master reset

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Try a master reset

Thanks, good suggestion, I did the lesser System reset and that didn't help, was holding off on the Master reset because I didn't want to pair my phone again and redo my settings, but looks like I may need to.

Thanks, good suggestion, I did the lesser System reset and that didn't help, was holding off on the Master reset because I didn't want to pair my phone again and redo my settings, but looks like I may need to.
It sucks, but it's simpler than dealer.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I just changed my wifi password back to the original one that I had when I first got the car and linked it to that network, started the car, and it automatically connected to my wifi right away. It seems to have retained a memory of that original connection. I'm guessing it can only auto-connect to that one that it was first linked to, not to any other later connection that it was then manually connected to.
Who knows, just more fun with cars as computers.

I just changed my wifi password back to the original one that I had when I first got the car and linked it to that network, started the car, and it automatically connected to my wifi right away. It seems to have retained a memory of that original connection. I'm guessing it can only auto-connect to that one that it was first linked to, not to any other later connection that it was then manually connected to.
Who knows, just more fun with cars as computers.
That makes sense.

For anyone seeing this, I ironically read this before I brought her home. It didn't connect to the Wifi, yet would connect to my phone hot spot. So I unplugged my modem and router, let them reboot fully. Afterwards I went to the car and did a master reset on the infotainment center. It connected with no issues, and continues to reconnect without issue. Now... How to get my sideloaded pandora one app to start without fuss... :p

For anyone seeing this, I ironically read this before I brought her home. It didn't connect to the Wifi, yet would connect to my phone hot spot. So I unplugged my modem and router, let them reboot fully. Afterwards I went to the car and did a master reset on the infotainment center. It connected with no issues, and continues to reconnect without issue. Now... How to get my sideloaded pandora one app to start without fuss... :p
If you plugn your phone in and use Android Auto it works. Had a ton of issues trying tonuse Sync3 itself.