Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When TVC?

I know TVC applies the inside front brake during cornering, but that's about all I know.

There could be three scenarios to a hard corner:
Power on
Coasting
Braking

Does TVC activate for each of those?
When does it decide a corner is hard enough to activate? Just easing it around the block shouldn't do it.

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
Yeah, I'm familiar with those, thanks. I found no specific answers to my questions. "When cornering in a sporty manner..." is not the level of explanation I was hoping for. I could infer they say it only works under acceleration because it kicks in "when it senses slippage is about to occur." But I was hoping someone had a more technical understanding of exactly how and when it works.

Zormecteon

I only partially watched the vids, but I am able to surmise that TVC is only active when you are accelerating, thus the the name TORQUE VECTORING. It isn't active under braking or coasting as you are not applying torque.

ESC (is a different thing and) works at the rear end.

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
I agree with what you said. But it's not like it couldn't have a benefit off-throttle into a hard (ie autoX) corner. Dragging primarily the inside front only during trail braking should be an excellent understeer killer. Being forced to apply power in a tight corner in order to get TVC assistance isn't too useful. But that's just in-corner. TVC seems a definite assist in corner exit.

Siestarider

I agree with what you said. But it's not like it couldn't have a benefit off-throttle into a hard (ie autoX) corner. Dragging primarily the inside front only during trail braking should be an excellent understeer killer. Being forced to apply power in a tight corner in order to get TVC assistance isn't too useful. But that's just in-corner. TVC seems a definite assist in corner exit.
Au contraire on the corner exit at the limit, proven by LSD experience on track. Putting torque down on two patches of rubber, even if one only has 1/4 the load of the other, gets out quicker.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PCA-1 EcoBoost Engine Upgrades 4