Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Used vs New FIST

OP
Guaji
Thread Starter #21
Sorry i am unable to see any attached image, not sure why, im using mobile. But i have been looking at that car for 3 months now. It has been sitting on dealer's lot for a while.
Yes....Lorenzo Ford in Homestead.....and it definitely looks like its been sitting for awhile....they even had to jumpstart the car, cuz the battery was dead....there were several discounts for active military, college students, and something else....I guess it will continue sitting. I see you are in WPB....the used car that I may look at is at Florida Fine Cars in West Palm.

I just purchased mine. I asked dealers, if they could match a price of an add that was 4k below msrp. 1, 2, 3, dealers told me they would need to trade for one and stated the best they could do was the 1500 rebate plus another 500 off and the 0% financing. I told all three they were high. Finally I talked to a small dealer with 2 left over 16's. Again they were 2k high. Found another add for 16.9 new or 5k off of msrp. Called one last dealer with a 16. He told me his best price. I asked for another 400 off his best price giving me the 4k below msrp and 0% financing. He then said to come get it.

This was a new dealer I had not worked with before but they were awesome to deal with. My point to this is keep calling around. One dealer may want to move inventory...

Yes....Lorenzo Ford in Homestead.....and it definitely looks like its been sitting for awhile....they even had to jumpstart the car, cuz the battery was dead....there were several discounts for active military, college students, and something else....I guess it will continue sitting. I see you are in WPB....the used car that I may look at is at Florida Fine Cars in West Palm.
Does ford still have $3000 incentives for the 2016? , did you at least haggle with Lorenzo ford?

I would wait for something from Koons to come up at the end of the year. Right now there aren't any deals but when they have them at the end of the year.

OP
Guaji
Thread Starter #25
Ive been in touch with Koons also. I think my best option for getting a good price is finding a nice used one.

I am actually thinking of getting a FiST in the next couple of months (just wanted to get all my finances set). I am thinking of getting one for an OTD price of $21,000. when i am ready, i will email or call the dealers that have my exact car (white tri-coat, and recaro) then i will let them know my price and financing terms, if no one budge i will wait for year end, if not i will just keep driving my X3 until i find the right price.

OP
Guaji
Thread Starter #27
I am actually thinking of getting a FiST in the next couple of months (just wanted to get all my finances set). I am thinking of getting one for an OTD price of $21,000. when i am ready, i will email or call the dealers that have my exact car (white tri-coat, and recaro) then i will let them know my price and financing terms, if no one budge i will wait for year end, if not i will just keep driving my X3 until i find the right price.
I didnt try to haggle much at Lorenzo. They offered me their "today only" deal....I just walked. Im in no hurry and I wanna see what prices are like for both new and used once the next generation Fiesta is released.

Waterfan

7k difference for new is totally worth it.

19k for a new FiST with RECAROS is a deal so good it probably should be illegal :)

OP
Guaji
Thread Starter #29
This is the "deal" they offered me.....the price was $19,490 but with all the taxes and fees the total out the door price was $23,579.

Attachments

2k fees and options what does that include?
I might try 23k otd with 0% for 72 and see what they say.

My msrp was 24.6k. Invoice is probably 24.2k.
I basically paid 20.6k sale price + 2k for taxes title license fees. In ca ttl is about 10% of sale price.
My OTD price was 22.6k with 0% 72 months.

OP
Guaji
Thread Starter #31
Here are the details on the invoice price, in the right hand column....$21,139.00 plus the add ons equal a total invoice price of $24,996.60

Attachments

It's nice that they are giving you full disclosure on pricing. Most dealers won't do that.
23.4k otd would be equal to what I paid. Of course I paid more taxes and you'd be payee higher fees. 0% is a great rate. See how low they can go?

Here are the details on the invoice price, in the right hand column....$21,139.00 plus the add ons equal a total invoice price of $24,996.60
-$3K incentive(not sure if it is still applicable last i checked was last month) for last years model, maybe couple of hundred dollars to haggle and it should be below $23K. just tell them it has been sitting since 6/21/2016 on their lot.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
They offered you $19,490? Tell them that you want the price lowered -$500 which will then bring it down to the price that they originally advertised it as ($18,990). Then tell them that your offer is, "only for today."

OP
Guaji
Thread Starter #35
-$3K incentive(not sure if it is still applicable last i checked was last month) for last years model, maybe couple of hundred dollars to haggle and it should be below $23K. just tell them it has been sitting since 6/21/2016 on their lot.
I was hoping to get around $21,500 OTD.....to do that, they would have to take off the $2096 in fees and options.....i don't understand what that is exactly....the dealer called me today...but I let it go to voicemail. Ill call tomorrow

If you take the 3k rebate you don't get 0%. 22.5k at 3% would still be another 1.8k to the total price loan.

I was hoping to get around $21,500 OTD.....to do that, they would have to take off the $2096 in fees and options.....i don't understand what that is exactly....the dealer called me today...but I let it go to voicemail. Ill call tomorrow
Have them break down fees and options for you.
What is the aftersale/weowes: $675 as well?

Msrp 25,430
Subtract 4k(3,500 under invoice) ~ 21430 + TTL = OTD plus 0% for 72

I don't see any dealer selling a 16 st now for their sale price which was almost 6k back of msrp.

Dealer pays 24,977 for this ST.
- 737(holdback) = 24,240 dealer cost
- rebate(my rebates were 2500 or 1500 and 0% for 72) 1500
= 22,740 total dealer cost with rebate and financing.

OP
Guaji
Thread Starter #38
I just spoke to the dealer before they closed and the saleman will call me back tomorrow. He now tells me the 0%/72 months is no longer available.....not sure why....it was available last sunday ....i asked for clarification of the additional fees....i was told the sale price is about $19,500 ( rounding off the top of my head) plus 800 dealer fee, taxes and the options/fees which are over $2000. I really like the 0%....he will see what incentives are available tomorrow...they seem to change frequently

OP
Guaji
Thread Starter #39
So.....it's been sittimg there for one year?

Base on that image you posted there is a delivery/build date on it that says 6/2016. I have seen that car for sale since January of 2017.