Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1st Oil Change 2017 ST3

qaisararbi

HI

What mileage do i do the first Oil Change? and do i use normal oil or Synthetic oil?. i 've just driven 605 Miles so far.

many thanks

qaisar

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
HI

What mileage do i do the first Oil Change? and do i use normal oil or Synthetic oil?. i 've just driven 605 Miles so far.

many thanks

qaisar
I recommend a break-in oil change at 1000 miles. Some feel that a car breaks in better with conventional oil, some say go ahead with full synthetic. My dealer offered one free oil change with the Motorcraft synthetic blend, so I used that for my 1000 mile break-in oil change.
After that, definitely use a major brand full synthetic, change it once a year or at 5000 miles, whichever comes first. It's only a tiny bit of extra money, well worth it for extra protection of this high output engine. I'm going to use Mobil 1 EP.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Changed my oil three times within the first 5 or 7k. There were a lot of shavings in the first. Less but noticeable in the second. Still had too many left over in the pan from previous changes to really gauge for the third, but I don't think there was much added. With this last oil change around 14k, nothing out of the ordinary. This engine dirties up the oil pretty quick compared to my last.