Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New continental extreme contact sport

So I just got my new 16x7 wheel and have 205 45 16 extreme contact sports and well wow from what I have done so far. No squealing around tight curves. On ramp rated at 25.. took it at 50 about! Just went and I have no suspension upgrade yet. I'll keep posted but man they grip and are super responsive

A7xogg

There made almost the same way as the pss and Conti makes a great tire. I actually have a set of them waiting to be installed. Love the positive feedback

haste

1000 Post Club
The 205/45/17 Continental Extremecontact DWS 06(new version) has been friggin great so far. They don't feel like all-seasons when I push them but I haven't pushed them hard enough or long enough to see what they do when the temps rise. For a daily driver, they are great.

I've always liked Continental tires(even on my motorcycle) and I think I'll give these a shot, soon. Thanks, OP.

I ran the old version for many years on another car and loved them. You may want to inflate them a few psi more than the oem spec if you feel the sidewalls are too soft.

I went with the BFG Comp-2 AS for winter tires this time around since the price is so much better but would have bought another set of the contis without hesitation if the BFGs weren't so damn cheap.

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
I have been pushing the tires pretty hard at times. There is one corner that is an on ramp and I can easily take it over 50 and it is rated at 20 lol. No squealing from the tires at all. Rain seems pretty great too. I drove in a pretty bad rain storm and no hydro at all. I do drive very safe in the rain and I don't go fast though. The only thing I need to do is figure out how to get better straight line traction from the get go. Unless the tires are nice and warm I just have too much torque it seems. I am putting down 242 right now. I thought about the front traction bar and rear torsion bar to help with that. At least from what I have heard:)

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
The 205/45/17 Continental Extremecontact DWS 06(new version) has been friggin great so far. They don't feel like all-seasons when I push them but I haven't pushed them hard enough or long enough to see what they do when the temps rise. For a daily driver, they are great.

I've always liked Continental tires(even on my motorcycle) and I think I'll give these a shot, soon. Thanks, OP.
I'm on the Continental Extreme Contact DW and am pretty happy - could be a bit stickier but the price was right so no complaints!

haste

1000 Post Club
I'm on the Continental Extreme Contact DW and am pretty happy - could be a bit stickier but the price was right so no complaints!
Yeah man, the price is amazing. I was able to order a set of 4 of the DWS from Jet.com with a first time order discount code and got them all delivered and installed for less than $500.

A7xogg

So I've had these on for enough miles to say what I think. These tires rock. There comfortable, take turns the same if not better than the stock tires, wet driving feels like its dry out, 1st gear pull = zero when spin(E30 protuned). Since these tires are a little taller than stock if your like me and front wheels are tucking tire if you hit a bump going around a fast turn it will rub the inner plastic fender liner( but it does have an awkward shape to it. I think because these tires have a softer side wall than the stock tires the only place I would not use them is a rough autox surface and I'm only saying than cause I'm tucking tire. There are griper tires but not gripier tires that you can drive daily, drive to the race track, have a blast, then drive home in the thunderstorm.