Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

100% maintenance free upgraded dv/bpv

A7xogg

So it seems the two most popular "upgraded" dv and bpv are the turbosmart and the gfb. I know of boomba's racing one but haven't seem enough reviews to see if it's maintenance free or not. For me modding and improving the car is me, it's what I do. Now adding a blow off to upgrade the stock one if its leaking is a good idea but for me, if I have to lube it up every so often it just seems like another hassle. I have seen countless threads on various sites with the turbosmart needing a re-inspection after 6 months or wierd stuff starts to happen, though my good firend has one on his fost and hasn't touched it in 2 years and never had an issue. Boomba one I haven't seen enough on it to comment but it's made out of aircraft aluminum and brass piston like the ts. The gfb needs a relube every so often also? But taking apart the plastic stock bpv and putting back together to me sounds like it's asking yourself to wear it out much faster. Any other companies for stock location upgraded bpv? I know of the cold side charge pipes with blow off but I like the recirculation.

Bluedrank

The boomba part is just a spacer that vents to atmosphere. It won't require any maintenance as long as you installed it correctly the first time. But because it just goes in between the stock bypass valve, you get no added performance benefit. It also goes off literally almost 100% of the time when you take your foot off the throttle. I enjoy it, but others hate that aspect of it.

I can't speak on the others, but I would imagine the GFB DV+ is probably more user friendly compared to the turbosmart. I know for a fact that you do get a performance benefit with the GFB DV+ as it holds boost better.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Where is it said GFB needs lubed? Their infomercial says to initially lube it .

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Where is it said GFB needs lubed? Their infomercial says to initially lube it .
And they actually say in the video that the normal oil in the blow by will be more than enough to keep it lubed. Considering its like the stock BPV but made of stronger material I do not see any reason why it would require more attention then the stock unit.

OP
A7xogg

A7xogg

Thread Starter #8
Just reading the gfb thread about some people get flutter at low rpm which isnt bad and some people dont when others go back and re lube it and the flutter goes away. Maybe im reading into it too much for the gfb.

No maintenance for the GFB dv+! But make sure you buy from a reputable seller, otherwise you may end up with a knockoff!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just reading the gfb thread about some people get flutter at low rpm which isnt bad and some people dont when others go back and re lube it and the flutter goes away. Maybe im reading into it too much for the gfb.
Maybe I should have used the more stout Red Line CV-2 grease instead of the Amsoil Multi-Purpose grease on my GFB DV?

In any case, I cannot hear any of this "flutter" everyone is speaking of (at least not with my destroyed hearing), so I guess that I am OK with the GFB. ;)

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Maybe I should have used the more stout Red Line CV-2 grease instead of the Amsoil Multi-Purpose grease on my GFB DV?

In any case, I cannot hear any of this "flutter" everyone is speaking of (at least not with my destroyed hearing), so I guess that I am OK with the GFB. ;)
It doesn't need grease , a nice light coat of oil initially.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

I used a silicone grease which is water insoluable and wide temperature range. Applied a thin film all over makign sure the hole is not pluged. Made sure everything was freely moving. No flutter in any season in any boost level.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Our full replacement BOV and BPV are designed to be maintenance free! You put it on and are good to go. They both also come with a lifetime warranty to the original owner should anything ever start acting up.