Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best Sound Symposer Delete Option

Adub

Hi Guys, new here to the forum. Picked up a new 17' ST in Tri-color white here in the PNW (Super excited about it!). Ordering several mods including MP215 package, Short Shifter and RMM thanks to research on this forum.

However, after much research I can't find a comparison on the different options from aftermarket tuners for the sound symposer delete. Is there a preferred option to go with?

Last edited:

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Mp215 is super expensive, you can do the same with other brands for cheaper, any SS will work, even a 3$ plug, it's really nothing to make a thread about.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

I did the diy plug and I couldn't be happier about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I found a plastic plug for $2 at the hardware store.
I would find a used accessport instead of going the warranty way.

Since you are going mountune, I agree with all the above and you could use anything, but may as well go with the brand you are already using, I have one and it works? Only consideration is some have mounting for boost or Psi reading.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Mp215 is super expensive, you can do the same with other brands for cheaper, any SS will work, even a 3$ plug, it's really nothing to make a thread about.

Sent from my CIA monitored device
I am at a loss, where can you get a true cold air intake, air box, K&N filter, tune and warranty for under $1000 except the Mountune MP215? What brands are you talking about as doing the same cheaper?

OP
Adub

Adub

Thread Starter #9
DHM symposer kit is worth 5hp. 😬
Since you are going mountune, I agree with all the above and you could use anything, but may as well go with the brand you are already using, I have one and it works? Only consideration is some have mounting for boost or Psi reading.

Is there any difference between the Mountune and DHM? Boomba has a kit as well but I cannot tell the difference.

As far as the MP215 Package goes I have an extended warranty and do not want to void it.

Just ports to my knowledge.

For things that will not void your warranty outright

Things that are on Ford Performance.com that are warranty friendly only in the terms listed below:
Components Limited Warranty begins upon dealer installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometers, whichever occurs first.

Cat Back, MP215, Intake System, Fiesta Mountune Intercooler (Silver one only oddly).

Things that are NOT:
Anything not listed above, plus Mountune Symposer delete/RMM(Although if bought and installed through dealer would be pretty sure to overlook it) , Intercooler Piping Kit.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The easiest is a plug, plastic or aluminum and a clamp. No need to pay for a kit of any kind, I bought the aluminum BOV plug in 38mm if I remember correctly. Check the threads for exact size. I think I spent less than $20 with shipping and a good clamp.

Good move on the MP215.....I love mine and the peace of mind with no warranty issues. Sounds like you plan on keeping it a while like I do. A few tips FWIW.....If you want an intake hose like the Mountune you should use a 2015 aftermarket intake hose and get a Ford factory vent hose to replace the one in your newer car by using one from a 2015 ST. This way you get no codes and nothing is bypassed with the 2015 intake hose. You should have no issues with Ford as the functionality has not changed. The 2016 and '17 Ford moved a one way valve from the cable to the intake tube, I can find no changes to Emission laws since 2015 so this was a cost or assembly change to save Ford a few bucks. Also see threads for part number. This one does not block off anything so no Check Engine Lights. Will not get you a single HP but looks good in colors. Get an OCC, I like the Damon for easy install and draining but all are good. I plan on keeping my Fist for many years so I use an oil with titanium additives like the Motorcraft/Kendal or Castrol Titanium for longevity per the U.S. NIST test results. Also use the Motorcraft FL400S oil filter, a little longer for more filter area, recommended by Mountune.

Last edited:
OP
Adub

Adub

Thread Starter #12
The easiest is a plug, plastic or aluminum and a clamp. No need to pay for a kit of any kind, I bought the aluminum BOV plug in 38mm if I remember correctly. Check the threads for exact size. I think I spent less than $20 with shipping and a good clamp.

Good move on the MP215.....I love mine and the peace of mind with no warranty issues. Sounds like you plan on keeping it a while like I do. A few tips FWIW.....If you want an intake hose like the Mountune you should use a 2015 aftermarket intake hose and get a Ford factory vent hose to replace the one in your newer car by using one from a 2015 ST. This way you get no codes and nothing is bypassed with the 2015 intake hose. You should have no issues with Ford as the functionality has not changed. The 2016 and '17 Ford moved a one way valve from the cable to the intake tube, I can find no changes to Emission laws since 2015 so this was a cost or assembly change to save Ford a few bucks. Also see threads for part number. This one does not block off anything so no Check Engine Lights. Will not get you a single HP but looks good in colors. Also get an OCC, I like the Damon for easy install and draining but all are good. I plan on keeping my Fist for many years so I use an oil with titanium additives like the Motorcraft/Kendal or Castrol Titanium for longevity per the U.S. NIST test results.

Intake Hose? Is this a required add-on to get the MP215 kit to work on my car since its a 17'? Do I really also need the Oil Catcher as well?

Hi Guys, new here to the forum. Picked up a new 17' ST in Tri-color white here in the PNW (Super excited about it!). Ordering several mods including MP215 package, Short Shifter and RMM thanks to research on this forum.

However, after much research I can't find a comparison on the different options from aftermarket tuners for the sound symposer delete. Is there a preferred option to go with?
Make sure you get on the Facebook NWST/RS group if you're not already there.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Intake Hose? Is this a required add-on to get the MP215 kit to work on my car since its a 17'? Do I really also need the Oil Catcher as well?
No, the intake tube is just a dress up item for our cars, change the turbo and it may be a different story, I have no plans for that. The OCC will help prevent carbon build-up on the back of the valves.....If you plan on keeping the car the OCC is a good move as our GDI engines have no way to clean the back of the valves. The OCC condenses the oil vapors in the PCV line before they get to the valves, hopefully keeping the valves clean. The Damon has a valve to drain from a tube behind the passenger front tire.

OP
Adub

Adub

Thread Starter #15
No, the intake tube is just a dress up item for our cars, change the turbo and it may be a different story, I have no plans for that. The OCC will help prevent carbon build-up on the back of the valves.....If you plan on keeping the car the OCC is a good move as our GDI engines have no way to clean the back of the valves. The OCC condenses the oil vapors in the PCV line before they get to the valves, hopefully keeping the valves clean. The Damon has a valve to drain from a tube behind the passenger front tire.
Cool the OCC looks like a good move...however will it void the warranty?