Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another Canadian. MY2017

Howdy folks, just picked myself up a brand new 2017 Shadow Black FiST last Friday and I’m absolutely in love with it.
My previous car was a 2004 volvo s80 so it’s quite the difference in vehicle. Really looking forward to learning from the forum and sharing my experience with you guys!

I’ve already looked up some mods I’d like to do. Nothing too serious, just a few easy ones in no particular order. If you guys have any suggestions on which one I should go for first, feel free to voice your opinion:
  • Mountune RMM
  • GFB DV
  • Damond OCC
  • Mountune MP215 (does anyone know if the mTune is compatible with MY2017’s? Their website only lists the MP215 upgrade for 2013-2016)
Also, I'm approaching my first oil change (already drove 600km lol) if someone would kindly link me to easy-to-follow instructions it would be greatly appreciated.
Oh and I’m from Ottawa in Ontario, Canada (Go Sens lol[mecry]). If anyone is in the area, hit me up!

Welcome to the forums! Your mods are all reasonable, the RMM being the most important and the one you should do 1st. One question though, are you concerned about voiding the warranty? I ask because most people who go the mp215 route do it for warranty reasons, but your other mods aren't 'ford approved' anyways so if you don't care about the warranty then you will find better value and performance out of a cobb stage 1 kit over the mp 215 kit.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard

KKaWing

The AWR RMM is 99 USD +35 usps shipping (to avoid brokerage bs). Woosh might be able to do better for shipping. Torque solutions from raptorracing.ca probably be the same price... though there are pictures of those crumbling.

Gotta ask, why MP215? If you're going for warranty RMM and the GFB might be an issue (though they are relatively easy to swap if you have a spare stock valve). A mountune intake and their non-mtune tuner is pretty much the same thing minus the insane price tag. They might even have a package for that.

OP
F
Thread Starter #8
One question though, are you concerned about voiding the warranty? I ask because most people who go the mp215 route do it for warranty reasons, but your other mods aren't 'ford approved' anyways so if you don't care about the warranty then you will find better value and performance out of a cobb stage 1 kit over the mp 215 kit.
Gotta ask, why MP215? If you're going for warranty RMM and the GFB might be an issue (though they are relatively easy to swap if you have a spare stock valve). A mountune intake and their non-mtune tuner is pretty much the same thing minus the insane price tag. They might even have a package for that.
I definitely do care about the warranty, and that is why I leaning on the MP215 route rather than other tunes. I guess I was hoping to get away with doing the other mods and still keep the warranty lol. One could argue that the mods I chose are sort of incognito, no? Perhaps Ford wouldn't know the mods were there?

The AWR RMM is 99 USD +35 usps shipping (to avoid brokerage bs). Woosh might be able to do better for shipping. Torque solutions from raptorracing.ca probably be the same price... though there are pictures of those crumbling.
Wow that's very cheap compared to the other RMMs, I'll look into it. Thanks!

The GBV DV+ is super subtle, but the oil catch can..not so much especially if you get the VTA option.

OP
F
Thread Starter #10
The oil catch can looks pretty easy to return to stock though. Plus, to my knowledge it doesn't void the warranty but rather it nullifies a claim if they can prove the modification caused the problem.