Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Latest SYNC 2 Software?

I know everything is about SYNC 3 these days but I bought a 15 with SYNC 2 that was stuck on 3.7 with no update avaible. I couldn't stream BT audio from either of my Android phones, only an iPhone. Opened a chat with Ford after reading about at least there being a ver 3.8 but the rep said it had been pulled and is now a dealer only upgrade but couldn't say wether it was free or not. I finially found a download of Gen2v38build15128updatepackageNARev1.zip and installed it. At first it was freezing but after a master reset it seems to be working fine for a couple days now and my Android issue is fixed. Since then I found the same file but it's rev2 and only slightly different in file size. Does anyone now either the latest SYNC 2 release (rev2?) or is it know what the difference is between rev1 to rev2? It seems stable now so I'm hesitant to flash unless I have a problem or someone knows what the difference is. TIA for any insight.

I'm curious too. I remember when v3.8 came out and I never had a chance to update, and now it's not available anymore. I still have problems with Sync not reconnecting BT if it gets disconnected (Android), and was hoping v3.8 would fix it. Maybe I'll ask the dealer next time I take it in.

KKaWing

I guess the MyFordTouch is now OutOfTouch... The Sync2 update boat has sank. [rofl]

I'm dreaming of an update for Sync2. They did say updates will keep rolling out (yeah right).

I know everything is about SYNC 3 these days but I bought a 15 with SYNC 2 that was stuck on 3.7 with no update avaible. I couldn't stream BT audio from either of my Android phones, only an iPhone. Opened a chat with Ford after reading about at least there being a ver 3.8 but the rep said it had been pulled and is now a dealer only upgrade but couldn't say wether it was free or not. I finially found a download of Gen2v38build15128updatepackageNARev1.zip and installed it. At first it was freezing but after a master reset it seems to be working fine for a couple days now and my Android issue is fixed. Since then I found the same file but it's rev2 and only slightly different in file size. Does anyone now either the latest SYNC 2 release (rev2?) or is it know what the difference is between rev1 to rev2? It seems stable now so I'm hesitant to flash unless I have a problem or someone knows what the difference is. TIA for any insight.
At least you have the v3.8 - still stuck with SYNC2 v3.6.

Any differences, as I found the rev2 file yet I don't know if I want to attempt just yet...

me32

1000 Post Club
The latest version on of sync 2 is v. 3.10. It's currently a dealer only install. There are some sites that have made the v. 3.10 install but they are not offical.

As for sync 2 v. 3.8 there was a rev. To it that was an update for iPhone users.

OP
R
Thread Starter #8
Not sure what you mean latest version is 3.1 unless it's a typo, why would the latest version be a lower number? In any case to expand, I found 2 different build numbers of 3.8 when I was trolling. I installed the lower number first as it was the first I found. I later tried to install the second just to see if anything was new but it wouldn't load saying I already had the version installed. I have an iPhone 6s, Galaxy S7&8 and 2 other older Android phones. All connect and play music and audiobooks perfectly.

me32

1000 Post Club
Not sure what you mean latest version is 3.1 unless it's a typo, why would the latest version be a lower number? In any case to expand, I found 2 different build numbers of 3.8 when I was trolling. I installed the lower number first as it was the first I found. I later tried to install the second just to see if anything was new but it wouldn't load saying I already had the version installed. I have an iPhone 6s, Galaxy S7&8 and 2 other older Android phones. All connect and play music and audiobooks perfectly.
3.10 , 3.10, 3.10

Not 3.1

I found a download file for sync 2 v3.10. I have it ready to go on my USB drive but I'm too scared for I might brick it lol. I don't want to bring it into the dealership too because they always have an initial charge which pisses me off.

Interesting went to the sync site and it's not giving anything for Sync2 fortunately I'll be upgrading to Sync3 here in a few weeks.

Zissou

3.10 , 3.10, 3.10

Not 3.1
So 10 and 1 are not the same numbers? /s

Commenting primarily to subscribe for more info.

Mine's been in the shop since yesterday. Claiming a warranty issue with that TSB 12M02 because my USB cable throws a USB insertion error. I'm pretty sure they're going to replace the APIM since I'm not paying for anything outside of warranty haha. They tried to charge me $55 yesterday for it without my permission but I wasn't having any of that.
Might be because it doesn't recognize USB-c or doesn't recognize the Pixel 2 XL phone.

I'll update if this fixes it but I'm not hopeful.

me32

1000 Post Club
So 10 and 1 are not the same numbers? /s

Commenting primarily to subscribe for more info.

Mine's been in the shop since yesterday. Claiming a warranty issue with that TSB 12M02 because my USB cable throws a USB insertion error. I'm pretty sure they're going to replace the APIM since I'm not paying for anything outside of warranty haha. They tried to charge me $55 yesterday for it without my permission but I wasn't having any of that.
Might be because it doesn't recognize USB-c or doesn't recognize the Pixel 2 XL phone.

I'll update if this fixes it but I'm not hopeful.
Correct for sync 2. 3.10 is not the same as 3.1.

What version of sync do you have? Also have you tried another cable with a different phone?

Zissou

Correct for sync 2. 3.10 is not the same as 3.1.

What version of sync do you have? Also have you tried another cable with a different phone?
Yeah no that /s was there on purpose.

Sync 2 v3.10.

Tried another cable, but from the same 2 pack. Same results. Ford techs said they were able to replicate the issue using one of the tech's Samsung Galaxys.

My buddy has a '16 Tacoma and says he has the same thing with his Essential PH-1 and after market cable. The phone will charge but not recognize audio. Could be a setting, I'll dive deeper.

At any rate I started another thread on this issue if any one wants to get more specific. I don't want to hijack this thread.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/15843-Sync-2-and-Google-Pixel-2

me32

1000 Post Club
Yeah no that /s was there on purpose.

Sync 2 v3.10.

Tried another cable, but from the same 2 pack. Same results. Ford techs said they were able to replicate the issue using one of the tech's Samsung Galaxys.

My buddy has a '16 Tacoma and says he has the same thing with his Essential PH-1 and after market cable. The phone will charge but not recognize audio. Could be a setting, I'll dive deeper.

At any rate I started another thread on this issue if any one wants to get more specific. I don't want to hijack this thread.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/15843-Sync-2-and-Google-Pixel-2
Ever get an update

Zissou

Ever get an update
Yeah I sold the Fiesta and bought a mustang lol

Had an issue with those cheap cables in the mustang using android auto - bought a higher quality cable and it worked perfectly fine.

If there's one lesson learned it's that the Ford maintenance writers and techs in my town are morons. The solution was incredibly simple; just use a usb 3.0 cable. They ended up lying to me and saying everything would be covered by warranty, then charged me. I had very heated words with their customer service and after threatening to go to corporate they refunded me about 10% more then they had actually charged me haha

me32

1000 Post Club
Yeah I sold the Fiesta and bought a mustang lol

Had an issue with those cheap cables in the mustang using android auto - bought a higher quality cable and it worked perfectly fine.

If there's one lesson learned it's that the Ford maintenance writers and techs in my town are morons. The solution was incredibly simple; just use a usb 3.0 cable. They ended up lying to me and saying everything would be covered by warranty, then charged me. I had very heated words with their customer service and after threatening to go to corporate they refunded me about 10% more then they had actually charged me haha
Sucks to hear that you have a bad service department. Seems like alot of people have a hit and miss with there service departments. Congrats on getting the mustang

Old thread, but I just found the 3.10 update download is available on the Ford Owner website. Going to install it now. Hopefully it fixes the bluetooth issues this system has even with my iPhone.

Edit:

Install was successful and I’m on 3.10. One odd thing, when it was done it said the upgrade to 3.7 was successful but when I check, it’s on 3.10. The Ford owner site agrees.

Last edited: