Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fuel Level?

Has anyone determined if the FiST needs a particular tank level for competition? I've had some cars that run fine down to practically empty and others that wanted at least 3/4 full or I'd get misfire out of hard corners.

I start events with half a tank if I can. More than that, and you can feel the extra weight, less than that, and it feels like the balance of the car is off a bit. Might just be in my head though, haha

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I have had fuel starvation on long left carousels at just under 1/2 tank. That's at one specific track though. Every FiST that's been on that track has had the same problem. Other tracks have proven to be okay to 1/4 tank.

Autocross i've been as low as the red needle with no sputtering or fuel starve. For HPDE use, I never run below 1/2 tank(Road America's carousel is brutal at 80 for a fuel pump)... lol