Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any problems with mapped engine in your ST?

Dear All,

I am considering mapping my 2013 Fiesta ST. The upgrade will be introduced by local Polish tuner. The upgrade will not include any new engine parts.

After uploading the new "map", the engine shoud produce approx. 207-210 BHP.

My question: did you have any problems with your ST's after doing such an upgrade? (particularly engine problems)

I am a bit worried if the mapping will influence engine reliability.

Any advice much appreciated!

Kacper

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This very dependant on the skills of a given tuner but my stratified tune has been great the Cobb tune I ran prior was also reliable. Ive been tuned for a little over a year, maybe 12k miles or something like that

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

XuperXero

I believe the OP is talking about us Euro model MAF based ST where we don't have tuner options. We can only load maps from tuner like Revo, etc.

But to answer OP's question, my ECU got fried from Pumaspeed's MAXD tune on first day. Later I went with Revo and have 40,000km on it, with no issue. It's worth the money for a more reliable bigger name tune.

Interesting fact: MAXD tune file was 256kb. Revo's stage 1 was 4.1mb.

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for information!! I was considering Mountune 215, but comparing to Polish tuner it's too expensive :)

I hope I will not have any problems :) Thanks!

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
Thanks ynos, didn't konw this one. I will stick with the Polish tuner though :) I will think about the air box anyway!
K

If you do buy the ST200 CAI, do note that it does come with the standard paper air filter, which I believe is more than adequate. I don't believe adding a k&n and an ITG filter would make any difference whatsoever performance wise, it'll just sound louder.