Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Back to the FiST from the FoRS

Whelp... after waiting almost two years for my FoRS order to come through, and driving the car for a few months, I made the decision to get rid of it and stick with my FiST. The FoRS just wasn't worth the extra money a month and to be honest, it wasn't that much more fun than the FiST.

Not knocking the FoRS, just more of a testament to the value proposition put forward by the Fiesta. I don't think there is a better car out there for the money.

Glad to be back, cheers.

NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK! i agree with you on the focus st, i had one and for me it had too much electronics in it.it did some very weird stuff such as the head lights would come on and turn off by themselves.of course there was a wiring harness problem in all the 2013 and some of the 2014 models.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Out of curiosity, how did your transaction play out? Did you buy Fiesta ST (finance), trade in Fiesta to dealer, buy Focus RS (finance), trade that in to the dealer, and then buy another Fiesta ST (finance)? If so, how much of a depreciation hit do you take doing something like that for three cars?

OP
J
Thread Starter #7
I chose to keep my FiST as a daily when I bought the FoRS since I have a pretty hefty commute. Took a 5k depreciation hit on the FoRS when I sold it. Could've gotten more if I felt like playing the private party game but it wasn't worth the hassle for me. God knows how many people would've been showing up at my door to drive it....

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I chose to keep my FiST as a daily when I bought the FoRS since I have a pretty hefty commute. Took a 5k depreciation hit on the FoRS when I sold it. Could've gotten more if I felt like playing the private party game but it wasn't worth the hassle for me. God knows how many people would've been showing up at my door to drive it....
Okay gotcha, yeah that is not too bad at all honestly. And yeah, I agree with you there. You would have to sift through quite a few tire kickers before you found a legit buyer willing to pay a premium.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Whelp... after waiting almost two years for my FoRS order to come through, and driving the car for a few months, I made the decision to get rid of it and stick with my FiST. The FoRS just wasn't worth the extra money a month and to be honest, it wasn't that much more fun than the FiST.

Not knocking the FoRS, just more of a testament to the value proposition put forward by the Fiesta. I don't think there is a better car out there for the money.

Glad to be back, cheers.
I knew you'd come back...i know I would! With all the stuff coming out for these little party boxs....who could deny them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Timely subject for me......I love my RS and will be keeping it, but I regret getting rid of my 2014 FIST, so i am patiently searching for a good deal on a used FIST.....the cars are different enough that I would enjoy both....if anyone has leads on a good deal for a used one around $15,000 let me know!!!!!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome back.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Out of curiosity, how did your transaction play out? Did you buy Fiesta ST (finance), trade in Fiesta to dealer, buy Focus RS (finance), trade that in to the dealer, and then buy another Fiesta ST (finance)? If so, how much of a depreciation hit do you take doing something like that for three cars?
I actually test drove an RS today (at Bill Marsh/Fred beans Ford in Newtown), and did the 'sit down' with the salesman aftrwards.

They wanted to give me $14K on my 4K mile, ordered, bought new in November '16 base FiST.

Ford does NOT offer a 0% financing deal on the "specialty cars" (FoRS, GT350/350R, Raptor, etc.) AT ALL, ANY time of the year, so you are at the mercy of the outside sources, and therefore your credit score, and how much you put down, as to what percentage you will get.

In any case, they rough figured a monthly payment for me, using a "average to good" credit score based percentage, and putting down $10K, the payments, even over 72 months, would have been about $700/month!!

It is a Nitrous Blue with the (whatever the number package) black forged wheel/PSS, moonroof, NAV, etc. package, which MSRPs for ~$43,xxx, and they were NOT gouging the price, but the customer must pay LIST.

Although I thought it was a VERY 'solid/planted' car, and did not feel that HUGE size/mass penalty over the FiST that everyone on here speaks of with this car, it does not seem to be worth over 2 times+ more than my FiST, and yes, not quite as 'tossable'.

That being said, I still would have bought it on the spot IF I had the coin (and then some, in other words WEALTHY!) on hand, even though I HATE moonroofs, and then I would have modded the ever-living crap out of it (BUILT 2.3, to 550+ AWHP, and lightened it by ~500+ lbs.!). [:)]

BTW; it DID 'ride' A LOT more firm than my FiST with 17x8s, and 215/40-17 RS-RRs on a factory suspension, but I did not notice, nor play around with the ride settings at all.
The clutch also grabbed DIRECTLY off of the floor, unlike my FiST, so that took some getting used to on the test drive.
The shifter seemed to be a shorter throw than the factory FiST's, but not as short as my Mountune plate's 30% reduction.

Business6

In any case, they rough figured a monthly payment for me, using a "average to good" credit score based percentage, and putting down $10K, the payments, even over 72 months, would have been about $700/month!!
Oh my god. [vommit] That's with a ridiculous $10k down? That's nuts!

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I actually test drove an RS today (at Bill Marsh/Fred beans Ford in Newtown), and did the 'sit down' with the salesman aftrwards.

They wanted to give me $14K on my 4K mile, ordered, bought new in November '16 base FiST.

Ford does NOT offer a 0% financing deal on the "specialty cars" (FoRS, GT350/350R, Raptor, etc.) AT ALL, ANY time of the year, so you are at the mercy of the outside sources, and therefore your credit score, and how much you put down, as to what percentage you will get.

It is a Nitrous Blue with the (whatever the number package) black forged wheel/PSS, moonroof, NAV, etc. package, which MSRPs for ~$43,xxx, and they were NOT gouging the price, but the customer must pay LIST.

Although I thought it was a VERY 'solid/planted' car, and did not feel that HUGE size/mass penalty over the FiST that everyone on here speaks of with this car, it does not seem to be worth over 2 times+ more than my FiST, and yes, not quite as 'tossable'.

That being said, I still would have bought it on the spot IF I had the coin (and then some, in other words WEALTHY!) on hand, even though I HATE moonroofs, and then I would have modded the ever-living crap out of it (BUILT 2.3, to 550+ AWHP, and lightened it by ~500+ lbs.!). [:)]

BTW; it DID 'ride' A LOT more firm than my FiST with 17x8s, and 215/40-17 RS-RRs on a factory suspension, but I did not notice, nor play around with the ride settings at all.
The clutch also grabbed DIRECTLY off of the floor, unlike my FiST, so that took some getting used to on the test drive.
The shifter seemed to be a shorter throw than the factory FiST's, but not as short as my Mountune plate's 30% reduction.
I may need to go schedule an appointment and kick some tires [biggrin]

Although, given my age, they may discriminate..

Regardless, that kind of price just seems absurd to me. They must have assumed a very high interest rate. And financing a car over 72 months is silly.

rexdriver85

This is interesting to me, and while I haven't drove a FoRS yet (sat in a few), I've been toying with the idea of buying a used one recently. My 15 FiST will be paid off in a few months, and I feel if I don't sell soon the depreciation will really hit. It's either sell this summer, or keep it forever.

Not really sure what to do, but I almost can't believe you weren't impressed enough by the FoRS to go back to the FiST. I guess the FiST really is just THAT good..

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I may need to go schedule an appointment and kick some tires [biggrin]

Although, given my age, they may discriminate..

Regardless, that kind of price just seems absurd to me. They must have assumed a very high interest rate. And financing a car over 72 months is silly.
I'm right about your age, and frankly, I think the age thing actually put their minds at ease with allowing me to test drive the thing (they were only allocated 2 of them and this is their last one left for this year).
Now, if an under-25 'kid' walked in there wearing an 'illest' t-shirt, baggy shorts replete with chain wallet, inked sleeves, and a backwards baseball cap/visor, I don't know if the results would have been the same or not. [dunno]

They did not even ask for a credit report, bank account/portfolio statements, to see a bankroll of $100 bills from my pocket, blood tests and criminal/DMV reports, or 50 references, etc. [histerical] before the test drive.

But yes, as much as I really liked the car, those costs/payments would cause me to not eat at all, and to also live in the thing, since my rent coin would be needed as well to pay for it! [crazyeye]

I will keep my FiST for the modest, manageable, 0% interest payments each month, and mod it slowly over time, and mostly after it is both paid off, and out of power train warranty. ;)

Last edited:

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Well, my RS just got a lil brother! Ill have to take a photo of both cars together, when the the RS isn't covered up......(to the right of the FIST).....car is a used 2016 with 10,000....previously owned for 7 months.
Nice find.