Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I'm surprise the Fiesta has been out so long but there is very little head light choices. You do a search for the Focus and there are tons of products out there.

Focus st has been on sale since model year 2013 that means it started selling late 2012 the fist has been on sale for less than a year.

STooge

But the regular fiesta has been on sale a while now. The headlights would interchange if I'm not mistaken at least from a 2013 fiesta

If I'm not mistaken this would be mk7.5 and if I'm correct its a new headlight design. I think they changed the bumper, hood and headlights design in 2014 yr model.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I meant all Fiestas in general. There a very few headlight choices even for the regular Fiestas.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
So, I've verified that UKDM Fiesta ST Tail lights do physically fit on USDM models if you remove the center stud (easily done by just twisting it out, no need to break anything), they will work for headlights on/headlights off/brakes but will not do "brakes" and "parking lights" at the same time. If the UKDM tails were converted to a different adapter, I believe they would actually work.

I am wondering if the same level of PITA will apply to fitting UKDM projectors.

BTW: FiST/2014 Fiesta headlights do not interchange with 2012-13 USDM Fiesta models.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #28
I took a picture of the driver side plug while I was doing the intake swap. Hopefully Sekred can chime in if the plugs match from his UKDM one. I assume the ones in Australia are also UKDM?

Sekred

1000 Post Club
The plugs look to be the same . The aussie version using 10 wires Vs what looks to be 6 for the US version

fiesta-st-light-switch.jpg
Plug 2.jpg
Plug.jpg

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #30
Thanks Sekred, do you know off hand which wire does what? I plan to label the wires this weekend. Hopefully we can at least find if the missing wires are required.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thanks Sekred, do you know off hand which wire does what? I plan to label the wires this weekend. Hopefully we can at least find if the missing wires are required.
Sorry, I have no idea, I would need a wiring diagram. Perhaps someone on a UK forum could help.

But since the connector is the same making a harness shouldn't be that hard. With the right tools and patience it could be doable. Those headlights have more lights on them.

STooge

But since the connector is the same making a harness shouldn't be that hard. With the right tools and patience it could be doable. Those headlights have more lights on them.
Agreed, +1 on the patience, connectors can be tricky to work with and easy to maim.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Rooster,

Based on everything thus far I would wager that yes in fact they will fit our USDM cars, BUT the caveat is the mystery of how different the wiring harnesses are

TheStig

And if you can adjust the beam enough to compensate from going from a RHD car to a LHD car

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
The beam itself is a non-issue. Let me explain how USDM projector cutoffs work versus UK/AUDM/DE projectors. USDM projectors have a cutoff like this ____------ which is a mostly straight line.

UKDM/EUDM projectors have a cut-off line shaped like this _____/ which is a straight line that turns up at a 45* angle or so on the RH side. My Volvo had a set of ABM projectors (retrofitted with HIDs) with euro cutoff and it was never an issue, the lights looked great and nobody "flashed" me to say "your headlights are blinding me" and the lit up the road great.

One more piece of advice for anyone considering HIDs:
Available in "Color Temperatures" rated in Kelvin, HIDs can be had in a spectrum of color ranging from yellow (3000k) to purple (12000k). The color temperature has a huge effect on the amount of light output visible to your eyes (lumens). The BRIGHTEST bulbs will be between 3800k-5000k, ideally around 4300k for the most visible light output. If you get 12000k, hardly any visible light will be output, you'll be dimmer than your OEM headlights and everyone else WILL laugh at you for making such a stupid mistake. 6000k is where you should go if you want your lights to be a bright blue, but again this is slightly less output than 4300k. I do not recommend higher than 6000k for any street-use application, because going higher than that literally defeats the purpose of having HIDs at all.