Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Google Play Music temperamental on Android Auto

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
My 2017 has Android Auto and everything works great except the Play Music. Sometimes it works, other times it will say "Google Play Music is currently unavailable" or something like that. Normally if I restart my phone it will work again. It also seemed to help to unselected the option on my phone to auto connect via Bluetooth.

I can open Play Music from my phone and it will play through my speakers, but nothing shows up on the car's touch screen. Then when I unplug my phone, my car will switch to the radio like normal, but my phone will start playing the music through the phone speakers.

Very aggravating. Anybody else have issues with Google Play Music?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The same thing started happening to me with my '16 in the last two weeks or so. No issues for 6 months prior to that, just randomly started happening.

Mine has been doing fine for the last couple of months. I only use it a couple of times a week, though. I think it is a bit of a hassle plugging in my phone each time. Just me...

I have found AA to be buggy in a few ways. I don't do Amazon Music but Spotify is glitchy sometimes. Also I have found that my volume level when tethered for AA is significantly lower than streaming from the same source using bluetooth, even with all my volume options in my phone maxed out. The interface is annoying too. Have to jump back and forth between sync and AA to do things. I've basically stopped using it.

OP
A

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I tend to not use Android Auto because I don't like not being able to text while driving. Haha.

On Google Play Music it plays a bit louder than normal. Slightly aggravating but livable. At least it's not glitching out anymore for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have found AA to be buggy in a few ways. I don't do Amazon Music but Spotify is glitchy sometimes. Also I have found that my volume level when tethered for AA is significantly lower than streaming from the same source using bluetooth, even with all my volume options in my phone maxed out. The interface is annoying too. Have to jump back and forth between sync and AA to do things. I've basically stopped using it.
Mine is louder when you switch over. Also, when you turn the volume up I get some strange sounds affects. The sound at low to mid volume sounds great, but at elevated levels sounds like an echo or reverb...