Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installing base cloth seats in a Recaro package FiST

***First and foremost, I am not selling or getting rid of my Recaros***

That being said, now that it's summer time and I plan on bringing my dog around a bunch as well as playing sports and beach days, I went ahead and picked up a set of cloth seats (front and rear) for what I thought was a pretty cheap price. I planned on installing them for the summer time and then when the weather starts to get cooler, I'll swap back. May not make sense to some on here, but I sweat a lot and I want to be able to just jump in the car when I'm done and cruise on home, not worry about changing clothes or putting a towel down, etc. in the cooler months this isn't really a problem.

So I installed the rear seats already and the passenger side seat went in no problem, but the under seat connector on the drivers side is not the same as the connector that is on my Recaro. How are people going from cloth to Recaro's without a problem? Do I need to move the harness from the Recaro seat to the cloth seat... because that may not make it worth it and I am definitely not cutting and splicing connectors... not worth the headache to me. I'm assuming if I don't plug in the connector at all I will have an airbag light and any issues with the occupancy sensor?

If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it. I picked them up figuring if people could toss Recaro's in almost seamlessly then it should be backwards compatible. Me having a 2015 and them being out of a 2014, would that be a possible problem?

Thanks!

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
No they don't have the heaters, but they do have the side airbags and occupancy sensors. The passenger side (which the recaro is also heated) was a plug and play and no lights or problems with that one. The plug on the drivers seat is oval where the Recaro is round.

I've had a similar problem when I put newer STI seats into my Legacy. The lack of a seat heater and prob different airbags would be the main difference as to why the plug is different. As far as I know, most cars don't actually have an occupancy sensor for the drivers seat, just the seatbelt sensor because you can't drive the car without being in the drivers seat, passenger airbags disable when the pass seat isn't occupied. The drivers airbags are always on.

I'm not 100% but I believe I've read there is/was a difference between 2014-2015. I swapped to recaros out of a 2016 car and my car is a 2015. Mine was a plug in affair except for the airbag light being reset at the dealer. I've read about there being differences on a focus forum were people "downgrade to st 1 seats. Hopefully someone can chime in with a certain answer for you.