Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Blanket for Stock turbo

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Ordered a Turbo blanket for my hybrid. I ordered one for a wrx/sti to see if it will work. Will update with how it turns out for anyone interested.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What/how much (if anything) has to be removed from the turbo area in order to get one of these on properly?
(I know they have those wire connectors, and are split, but everything is so restricted around our snail, I am hesitant to get one.)

I was thinking about one for the factory setup.

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
What/how much (if anything) has to be removed from the turbo area in order to get one of these on?

I was thinking about one for the factory setup.
Im not running my heatshield so it was in need of something. I think the factory heat shield is more than adequate. I just couldnt get mine back on due to me cutting it up to get it off.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Im not running my heatshield so it was in need of something. I think the factory heat shield is more than adequate. I just couldnt get mine back on due to me cutting it up to get it off.
OK, but I was going to run it WITH the heat shield, as a way of keeping the heat (and therefore helping the flow) INSIDE the turbo, and NOT as a shield for the surrounding areas/firewall/etc. ;)

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
OK, but I was going to run it WITH the heat shield, as a way of keeping the heat (and therefore helping the flow) INSIDE the turbo, and NOT as a shield for the surrounding areas/firewall/etc. ;)
Thats a gd thought. The more heat in the better. Im curious to see how it affects spool.