Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta ST Radiator Upgrade

How many of you guys have shaved the backside of the grill to aid the radiator cooling? Any data showing if that makes any noticeable difference in your coolant temps?

jayrod1980

I’m not sure about the effects, but I totally hollowed out my grill before I even replaced the radiator. To this day, after a few years, the radiator and intercooler have been the best mods I’ve done to my car. I would overheat all the time in Las Vegas with my huge DHM intercooler. With the Mountune CSC radiator, I never crack 200F on water temps.

Just completed the install in about 3.5 hours with a friend, only thing left is the coolant side. I got 1 gal Motorcraft orange concentrated, 1 gal distilled water, and a 16 oz bottle of rislone Super Coolant. How much of each is needed to get the 40/60 coolant/water mix? Should I pour the full water gal in then top off with the coolant, then add the super coolant after I do the first test drive?

jayrod1980

Just completed the install in about 3.5 hours with a friend, only thing left is the coolant side. I got 1 gal Motorcraft orange concentrated, 1 gal distilled water, and a 16 oz bottle of rislone Super Coolant. How much of each is needed to get the 40/60 coolant/water mix? Should I pour the full water gal in then top off with the coolant, then add the super coolant after I do the first test drive?
I used some water wetter (the safe kind?) but 75/25 water/coolant. I premixed it so when I went to add more after driving around and burping it, I just put more of the same to top off. You will love this radiator!