Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta ST Radiator Upgrade

Izzy

My temps have never gone over 210 (190-200 normally) and I'm in TX. I've only seen these temps while doing full pulls in hot weather. I won't be going through the aggravation of upgrading the radiator until I absolutely have to. However, I've used Fluidyne & Griffin on my previous Honda's (Fluidyne actually swapped to 4 different cars) and can completely vouch for them. So easy to swap a rad in a Honda by the way!!

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #62
And our cars are made in Mexico.
Who cares.
Just wait for someone to buy one, say how awesome the quality is. Then we can all carry on with our awesome Mountune radiators, or oversized send in for a replacement 3 times Mishimoto Radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares.
Just wait for someone to buy one, say how awesome the quality is. Then we can all carry on with our awesome Mountune radiators, or oversized send in for a replacement 3 times Mishimoto Radiator.

I haven't had that pleasure thank god just the relief valve leaking lol. But you have a point!

Who cares.

I haven't had that pleasure thank god just the relief valve leaking lol. But you have a point!

Question: How would one get rid of air pockets in the radiator without an air bleeder screw? I don't see one in the Mountune pictures... I haven't installed a radiator before so that's why I ask.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Who cares.
OK, but that is mostly my point anyway (besides mistakenly thinking that ALL of the CSFs are made here), that many people HAVE had problems with the Mishi units, so obviously their QC over the mainland China production facility is NOT 'up to snuff'. [wink]

Hopefully, CSF's QC in Thailand IS much more OCD/persistent, and 'looking over the shoulders of the workers' to ensure no leaks/failures.
But maybe, by the time I am ready to/can afford to install an aftermarket radiator, those other TOTALLY U.S. based aftermarket manufacturers will have one available for our rides, and the quality/reliability will NOT be an issue. [:)]

Ordered the mountune radiator today. hopefully it gets here soon. I guess ill be the guinea pig :D

Is there any actual data on the mountune radiator or just bunch of fanboys claiming to be better even thought no has it? Reminds of the C39 fanboys smh. Im looking to upgrade my radiator really soon. Is 120 degrees here in southern california desert for the next 3 months. I been overheating if i drive with my ac on after not that much of a drive. With the ac off i stay at or around 220°F. My friend Ish who lives here as well has the mishimito radiator with no issues and he stays under 200°F with ac on. So that one works really well.

The radiator is probably my next mod. I just dont know which one to buy yet. Theyre the same price. $465 shipped from mountune (not sure if theres taxes) and the mishimoto is $460 shipped with promo code from ron. Right now Im leaning towards the mishimoto as is proven to work and has lifetime warranty.

And who the hell cares where is made from. If something works better made from outside the usa than something made from the usa then im buying the better proven product.

Is there any actual data on the mountune radiator or just bunch of fanboys claiming to be better even thought no has it? Reminds of the C39 fanboys smh. Im looking to upgrade my radiator really soon. Is 120 degrees here in southern california desert for the next 3 months. I been overheating if i drive with my ac on after not that much of a drive. With the ac off i stay at or around 220°F. My friend Ish who lives here as well has the mishimito radiator with no issues and he stays under 200°F with ac on. So that one works really well.

The radiator is probably my next mod. I just dont know which one to buy yet. Theyre the same price. $465 shipped from mountune (not sure if theres taxes) and the mishimoto is $460 shipped with promo code from ron. Right now Im leaning towards the mishimoto as is proven to work and has lifetime warranty.

And who the hell cares where is made from. If something works better made from outside the usa than something made from the usa then im buying the better proven product.
Agreed. The Mishi works brilliantly here in the fiery hell that is Texas. Keep in mind though that the thickness of it may give you issues if you decided to upgrade to 4 port injection like I want to do. So if the Mountune does the same job but is significantly thinner, you may wanna go that route.

Also, I don't care where it was made. What I did care about was my car trying to burn itself down every time I got in it. Since none of the U.S. big names offered any support for our platform outside of some insanely expensive custom job, I went with the only company who did. Was it perfect? No, there were a few tiny things that could've been better. But it works well, and for over 20k miles on my car, so no complaints.

It works with the CP-E intercooler...not the CP-E cold side pipe.. I had to go back to my stock cold side pipe.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #72

Holy hell..
People are just discussing and speculating.
A few people have purchased it and we'll see how they go.
This isn't anywhere near the C39 fanboy club.
Mountune is a proven quality product. Excuse us for having faith and backing them[emoji23]

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

Did you look at the data on the Mountune site??

Holy hell..
People are just discussing and speculating.
A few people have purchased it and we'll see how they go.
This isn't anywhere near the C39 fanboy club.
Mountune is a proven quality product. Excuse us for having faith and backing them[emoji23]

They do have shitiest ic in the fiesta game probaly shittier than stock and for $800 lmao. All of their bolt ons are basically nicer looking overpriced stock parts

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #75
They do have shitiest ic in the fiesta game probaly shittier than stock and for $800 lmao. All of their bolt ons are basically nicer looking overpriced stock parts

Lmao man you seem a little misinformed.

They have since updated their intercooler with a new better performance design and at $599.00...
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-Intercooler-Upgrade-Black-p/2364-ic-ba1.htm

And for your other statement. That literally goes for ANY company that offers stage 1-3 replacement parts.

Pretty much all the Intake upgrades besides the 2J are the same.

Downpipe? yeah all the catted and catless DP are on par.

Exhausts? I have a Mountune CBE and it's great at supporting 300 whp lol

Transmission components? Their short shifter is great and affordable.

I'm making this argument cause I've at one point owned almost every one of their products and I've never once had a problem, complaint, or problem matching other brands performance.

You can bash a thread of people discussing a new product all you can but you just look like a dick.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

To help inform, they have stated, more than once, the reason for the cost of their parts is the warranty work Ford approved as well as some parts being CARB approved. Those are not cheap, may not be relevant for everyone but does add to their ability to stand behind their product.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

Have you ever actually owned any Mountune Products? Do you have any test data to back what you define as "shitiest" other than your poorly worded opinion? Do any others promise no warranty problems from Ford with their IC? What particular parts are "overpriced stock" parts? None I have bought, nor have I heard of any. If you want to attack a company you should have some basic knowledge of the company, it's reputation and product performance. Check how many threads you can find on problems with Mountune or their service. Are you sure you are not confused with another vendor that starts with "M"?

A life lesson to be learned is in general you get what you pay for and some are willing to pay a little more for quality, reliability and warranty protection. Others want the cheapest HP they can get and quality and reliability are traded, two different markets.

Have you ever actually owned any Mountune Products? Do you have any test data to back what you define as "shitiest" other than your poorly worded opinion? Do any others promise no warranty problems from Ford with their IC? What particular parts are "overpriced stock" parts? None I have bought, nor have I heard of any. If you want to attack a company you should have some basic knowledge of the company, it's reputation and product performance. Check how many threads you can find on problems with Mountune or their service. Are you sure you are not confused with another vendor that starts with "M"?

A life lesson to be learned is in general you get what you pay for and some are willing to pay a little more for quality, reliability and warranty protection. Others want the cheapest HP they can get and quality and reliability are traded, two different markets.
I don't have a dog in this fight, and I agree that Mountune stands behind their work, but Mountune's intercooler isn't Ford warranty approved. It states clearly on their website that ONLY the MP215 kit (which doesn't include an intercooler), when installed by an authorized Ford dealer, will keep your warranty intact. Everything else Mountune sells is "off-road use only".

Lmao man you seem a little misinformed.

They have since updated their intercooler with a new better performance design and at $599.00...
https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-Intercooler-Upgrade-Black-p/2364-ic-ba1.htm
You kinda proved his point. Mountune made such a bad FMIC they had to update the design.
[MENTION=2319]jmrtsus[/MENTION] http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3755-Which-Fiesta-ST-Intercooler-did-you-choose/page28 look at the bottom of the page AccelJunky's mountune FMIC reached +82F charge air temps over ambient on a track day.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and I agree that Mountune stands behind their work, but Mountune's intercooler isn't Ford warranty approved. It states clearly on their website that ONLY the MP215 kit (which doesn't include an intercooler), when installed by an authorized Ford dealer, will keep your warranty intact. Everything else Mountune sells is "off-road use only".
The original mountune FMIC actually was warranty approved if installed by the dealer same as the MP215 and their short shifter kit.