Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta ST Radiator Upgrade

So I installed my Radiator today. I did not get any pics sadly. I got involved in the installation and didnt think to take pictures until after I had the radiator mounted and everything bolted in. The installation if very involved, but its actually not that difficult. Be careful removing the bleeder valve, I broke the plastic tabs on mine and likely need to replace it. Going to get that replaced then I take it for a spin. Ill post my first impressions tomorrow!
Wait what plastic tabs? Any pics of that part so I know what to watch out for? Please don't tell me this radiator has a weak bleeder screw that will cause leaks in the future...

Wait what plastic tabs? Any pics of that part so I know what to watch out for? Please don't tell me this radiator has a weak bleeder screw that will cause leaks in the future...
Here is the pic...

There are little tabs around it that lock it in place. I ordered another one at the dealer for $11. Even though the tabs are busted it seems to be holding, I bought plugs just in case.

Took the car out for a drive after I finished installing and bleeding the air out of the system. I was running the AC full blast and tried to get the temps up, couldn't get it past 210. The temps are staying right around 190 with regular driving in around 90 degree heat. Supposed to be around 100 in my area tomorrow, I'll report back with temps etc...

Here is the pic...

There are little tabs around it that lock it in place. I ordered another one at the dealer for $11. Even though the tabs are busted it seems to be holding, I bought plugs just in case.

Took the car out for a drive after I finished installing and bleeding the air out of the system. I was running the AC full blast and tried to get the temps up, couldn't get it past 210. The temps are staying right around 190 with regular driving in around 90 degree heat. Supposed to be around 100 in my area tomorrow, I'll report back with temps etc...
Very nice, how long did the install take?

Sounds like it cools effectively enough that you're sitting at thermostat temp, which means it likely isn't even open all the way. That's awesome news.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #126
Sounds like this one is a winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today is very hot outside, 104 degrees! Went out to get some lunch the hottest the coolant temp hit was 205. This is in stop and go traffic for about 20 minutes each direction. This same drive with the stock radiator would have yielded much hotter temps. So far I am very happy with my purchase. Next step will be hitting the track to see what temps are like running the car more aggressively.

Here is the pic...

How would you remove it without breaking it? I tried ordering a spare in advance but it'll take 15-20 days shipping time since there are none in Puerto Rico. I don't wanna go through the whole install process just to break it and have to wait weeks for a replacement.

How would you remove it without breaking it? I tried ordering a spare in advance but it'll take 15-20 days shipping time since there are none in Puerto Rico. I don't wanna go through the whole install process just to break it and have to wait weeks for a replacement.
I have no idea lol. I kept the old one in without the tabs and its been holding. I am picking up the replacement today. Ill take some pics, maybe it will help you get a better idea.

Going to mountune tomorrow to get it installed! Don’t have to pay for shipping so may as well just use that saved money and get them to install it when I’m here

Going to mountune tomorrow to get it installed! Don’t have to pay for shipping so may as well just use that saved money and get them to install it when I’m here
Ask them how to remove the stock air bleed screw from the oem radiator!

Install all done. Took 3.5hrs. My friends and I just went and hung out at kart world the whole time so I didn’t get any pics. You can see it peeking through the shroud though. Nice and shiny. Install was $250 which was fair as it included new fluids as well. The radiator is 1000% worth it. I never had any troubles back home in Calgary with temps. But as soon as I started the road trip and we hit the California border the cars temp was out of control. This was at temps over 34c / 93f With A/C on going 70-75mph coolant temp was at 115c. A/C off at the same speeds it was 105. At times we had to have them heat on max to drive and it would still be at 102/103c

After the install we had an hour drive through downtown LA rush hour traffic in 88f weather and the coolant temp never went above 90.5c

Definitely worth it. I can’t wait to see the temps on the track when I get the opportunity. Too bad I didn’t have any track time with the stock rad to compare. But Day to day driving its over 20-25c cooler than stock.

Picked up the radiator at the mountune meet on Saturday. Couldn't turn away from 469 for the radiator out the door. 15% off plus no tax. I asked about the install and I guess how they do it is removing the intake piping and remove the rad through the bottom of the vehicle. They don't take off the bumper/support at all.

Picked up the radiator at the mountune meet on Saturday. Couldn't turn away from 469 for the radiator out the door. 15% off plus no tax. I asked about the install and I guess how they do it is removing the intake piping and remove the rad through the bottom of the vehicle. They don't take off the bumper/support at all.
Man, no tax?!... fml. I just got mine a few days earlier and had to pay tax on the radiator and I also bought the MRX and turbosmart BOV too

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I asked about the install and I guess how they do it is removing the intake piping and remove the rad through the bottom of the vehicle. They don't take off the bumper/support at all.
I'd like to know if this is really possible, since if it is, that is the way I would want to install mine once I get one. [dunno]

I'd like to know if this is really possible, since if it is, that is the way I would want to install mine once I get one. [dunno]
Edited to reduce incorrect info. Wsm says pull it out the top. Corrected in next post.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Considering its the factory procedure, yes. That's how we do it. Out the bottom. You need to be able to lift the car at least the height of the rad off the ground. All the new Fords are build with a "cooling module" that consists of the cooling elements in the front and it's removable as an assembly.

thanks for confirming this