Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta ST Radiator Upgrade

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Even though it would be yes, yet another added expense, I kind of wish that Mountune would come up with their OWN bespoke (maybe even double, or more powerful single?)-> fan/shroud assembly (a la Mishi) to address any of these issues, and further improve the efficiency of their CSR produced unit. ;)

I should be getting this radiator with the sale they have. $375 is a damn good deal
FYI they also do installs. They installed the radiator on my car in 4 hours for $250. But you have to book install a week or two in advance since they're always busy.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I'm still debating what my time is worth cause 250 is a lot but it also is a lot of work for me to do without the time. Hummm

I have the Mishi radiator and it is thicker than the Mountune but I like the design of the Mountune better (my friend has it). It’s definitely a needed upgrade that is often overlooked on these cars. Every once in a while y’all need to spend some money on things that don’t add power. I over heated my car twice when I was stock turbo and ever since I installed a radiator I haven’t had a single issue, even after beating on it at the track.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I've been lucky. Stuck in traffic in 90° plus it never goes above 202.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I'm still debating what my time is worth cause 250 is a lot but it also is a lot of work for me to do without the time. Hummm
If you don't already have an upgraded intercooler, they only charge $50 bucks extra (labor) if you install it together with the radiator -- at least that's what they quoted me last month. My radiator's still in the box; just waiting to pull the trigger on the IC to have them installed together.

If you don't already have an upgraded intercooler, they only charge $50 bucks extra (labor) if you install it together with the radiator -- at least that's what they quoted me last month. My radiator's still in the box; just waiting to pull the trigger on the IC to have them installed together.
Did you get quoted $250 for the radiator install? I asked a few months back and they quoted me $350+ $20 coolant. Want to make sure it was inaccurate before going back on the price.

codestp202

Save yourself the money and do the intercooler / rad yourself. You can do both of them in a day. Basic hand tools and some extensions and you can get this done. There are really good walkthroughs for both installs.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Did you get quoted $250 for the radiator install? I asked a few months back and they quoted me $350+ $20 coolant. Want to make sure it was inaccurate before going back on the price.
Yes, the quote was $250 for the radiator and that was in December -- maybe it was special pricing for xmas?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Buttonwillow Raceway Park 09/27/2017, ~75F ambient
Mountune radiator - Distilled water /w Nano Cool
Mishimoto Oil Cooler - Pennzoil Platinum Ultra
CPE intercooler
215/17 Dunlop ZII on 7.5" wheels
Brembo GT BBK from Project Mu and PFC brake pads from CounterSpace Garage
Meister ZCRD coilovers

Only running 2:09 - 2:10 laps due to not having coilovers aligned or corner balanced yet, and being *very low* on sleep [facepalm]. My PB at that track is 2:08 on stock tires and stock suspension.

Had Mountune install their radiator this week on my ST. With the stock radiator and the Mishimoto oil cooler, coolant would reach 250F after 4 hot laps in similar weather. With the Mountune radiator, coolant didn't go over 220F over a ~15 minute session. That's a big improvement, but I think I will still have to add hood vents to get peak coolant temps 5-10F lower and also make car trackable 4 seasons.

How do you like the Brembo setup on the track?

How do you like the Brembo setup on the track?
I'd say it's an essential upgrade for advanced drivers doing more than a couple hot laps per session, as the stock front brakes are extremely undersized for how fast this car is. The Brembo BBK is an expensive but very effective one-stop solution to brake fade when paired with proper motorsports pads :) . After a few days with the BBK, I can say rear brakes do not have to be upgraded (just pads).

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I'd say it's an essential upgrade for advanced drivers doing more than a couple hot laps per session, as the stock front brakes are extremely undersized for how fast this car is. The Brembo BBK is an expensive but very effective one-stop solution to brake fade when paired with proper motorsports pads :) . After a few days with the BBK, I can say rear brakes do not have to be upgraded (just pads).
Cool. I was considering the Brembo Setup or the Stoptech setup. How straight forward is the install for the Brembo setup? I can't find anything anywhere since its rare for anyone to have it because of the price.

Cool. I was considering the Brembo Setup or the Stoptech setup. How straight forward is the install for the Brembo setup? I can't find anything anywhere since its rare for anyone to have it because of the price.
Install is pretty easy, it comes with its own steel braided brake lines and it reuses the stock caliper mounting bolts. I ordered the kit and several pads as a package deal from CSG, email or call them for a quote. I did have to wait a bit for everything to be put together and shipped from Brembo, as people very rarely order these for our platform.

I don't think there's an 1:1 equivalent off the shelf kit from AP Racing? The Brembo has the largest rotor size of all the kits I surveyed last year. Downside is cost of rotor replacements is probably the highest too. I couldn't find data on the Stoptech or AP, so I decided to spend extra to make sure I didn't outgrow those later on after installing coil-overs and wider, stickier tires..

Also.. we're going on a tangent.. this thread is about the radiator :p

For those in this thread that have the Mountune rad installed, does the AC condenser jiggle a little in the upper hook mounts on the rad? Mine does. Like the opening on the hooks is just a bit too far apart. Obviously the stock piece is plastic so it can bend and give a little when the condenser is slid in and this is harder with metal on metal, but I’m thinking it’s gonna be enough to make a racket at idle.