Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Noob from New Jersey

Hello Fiesta ST forum. I'm a 60 year old noob from New Jersey. Drove my new (to me) 2015 Fiesta ST to work today for the 1st time. I'm a small bore car guy, have a 94 Civic extensively modded I use for HDPE track days 8 or 10 times per year. Traded in the old Subie Outback I'd been driving on the street 3 months ago and bought a Scion FR-S. A stranger wiped that out for me two weeks ago and I have just moved into my FiST.

This is probably a controversial way to start a first post, but.... Plus: Compared to FR-S, FiST has more power especially low & mid range, more comfortable seating position for me (6'-3" and 240) and room for my three dogs in the back. Not plus: Lacks the razor sharp steering and doesn't seem to handle choppy road surfaces with the same directional stability. No clue yet on how its going to handle at the limit. After one day commuting gas mileage seems about a wash, but I"m hoping the FiSt comes out on top.

So anyway, hello. Hope to be around for a while. Lots for me to learn about these cars.

Technolud

Hi Technolud,
I can understand your comparisons to the subaru that you just lost, I've made a lot of the same comparisons myself as I almost bought one of those myself. My condolences on the loss of that car, at least this car is a bit more practical on a daily basis and it won't take a lot of money to make this substantially faster than your subie was. Welcome to the group and have fun.

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I have lots to learn. Hampered by 18 months of bumper to bumper warranty to go so I've got to be easy on the mods. Certainly looks like its going to be a fun little economical commuter.