Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
knowing how much cabin vibration you mind would be the first thing I'd want to know before making a suggestion for you
the AWR mounts regardless of durometer choice will give you quite a bit of interior NVH but also offer great performance

let me know
I have a 2010 Ford Focus that has a upgraded rear mount. It rattles the car pretty good even with 50,000 plus miles on it. So I would prefer a upgraded mount for the fiesta that has minimal vibrations, but is also going to take the slop out. I've been researching rear motor mounts for a long time, and I've got it narrowed down between these two.
My birthday is coming up soon and my Wife was asking me last night about any car stuff I may want.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #322
I have a 2010 Ford Focus that has a upgraded rear mount. It rattles the car pretty good even with 50,000 plus miles on it. So I would prefer a upgraded mount for the fiesta that has minimal vibrations, but is also going to take the slop out. I've been researching rear motor mounts for a long time, and I've got it narrowed down between these two.
My birthday is coming up soon and my Wife was asking me last night about any car stuff I may want.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I think we've done a pretty good job with minimal vibes while limiting engine/trans movement although with the minimal interior vibes it won't plant the engine and trans like the AWR 88a will. It's a trade off, you can't have both sadly so we tried to get our street right in the middle from all the experience with the available mounts on the market we've used.

Our race mount will be like the rest though, decent amount of NVH but also a firmly planted engine/trans

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I think we've done a pretty good job with minimal vibes while limiting engine/trans movement although with the minimal interior vibes it won't plant the engine and trans like the AWR 88a will. It's a trade off, you can't have both sadly so we tried to get our street right in the middle from all the experience with the available mounts on the market we've used.

Our race mount will be like the rest though, decent amount of NVH but also a firmly planted engine/trans
With so many mounts out there and durometer ratings, it's probably a good rule of thumb to know that a 70a durometer in a small bushing mount like AWR is likely much like an 80a durometer in a large bushing. Your new house brand mount sounds like the perfect balance, the Cobb is 68a/80a for the 2 bushings and is known for being a little too soft and yours is 75s/80a. How would you compare your new one to the AWR 70a? A touch softer? As you may remember, I have the 75a/75a Torque Solutions and would like just a bit stiffer...

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #324
With so many mounts out there and durometer ratings, it's probably a good rule of thumb to know that a 70a durometer in a small bushing mount like AWR is likely much like an 80a durometer in a large bushing. Your new house brand mount sounds like the perfect balance, the Cobb is 68a/80a for the 2 bushings and is known for being a little too soft and yours is 75s/80a. How would you compare your new one to the AWR 70a? A touch softer? As you may remember, I have the 75a/75a Torque Solutions and would like just a bit stiffer...
most manufacturers advertise in even numbers because there is an acceptable range when dealing with poly bushing durometers
we have posted out exact numbers
72 large, 80 small end
if you tested the torque or others that is the only way you could say for sure
we actually have
[thumb]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
most manufacturers advertise in even numbers because there is an acceptable range when dealing with poly bushing durometers
we have posted out exact numbers
72 large, 80 small end
if you tested the torque or others that is the only way you could say for sure
we actually have
[thumb]
Ah, that's right, 72a, which is the perfect amount of improvement over the Cobb... But still curious, between your new one and the AWR 70a which is stiffer... Again the small bushings will scale differently, being smaller they have less material to cushion so they will be stiffer in performance at the same durometer.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
What are the actual durometer readings for the CP-E mount??
They dont list it I believe because its edpm rubber. I have heard more than one person say it's the equivalent of 88. I drove a lot of miles on it. I cant remember exactly but 50k? Too stiff for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They dont list it I believe because its edpm rubber. I have heard more than one person say it's the equivalent of 88. I drove a lot of miles on it. I cant remember exactly but 50k? Too stiff for me.

Yeah, I ask because mine has NOT 'settled down' to less NVH, AT ALL in over 14K miles, like they are supposed to. [nono]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I ask because mine has NOT 'settled down' to less NVH, AT ALL in over 14K miles, like they are supposed to. [nono]
I just could not take that shudder when letting out the clutch in traffic. If I was never in traffic I would have never taken it off the car. Honestly, performance wise I cant tell the difference between it and the awr. It's just more comfortable.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #332
or our updated hot side pipe?

new manufacturer with more aggressive bead rolled ends and a new color at no extra charge which is a black heat coating [like]

want to see more??

I have more....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Then you're overly sensitive....quit thinking about it and enjoy the non sloppy RMM.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I will NOT take it off the car, and was NOT complaining about it at all, just commenting on it not 'ageing' to less NVH. ;)

I am one of the few on here who think that this car rides too much like a luxury car, right from the factory, yup even on the narrow, 40 series tires (don't even notice the 'bounce', or rough ride, even on BAD/bombed-out roads, which everyone on here usually complains about), and will go for a MUCH firmer (but also hopefully with more wheel travel to handle all of the crap without bottoming out) ride with whichever suspension setup I decide to go with in the near future. [driving]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just could not take that shudder when letting out the clutch in traffic. If I was never in traffic I would have never taken it off the car. Honestly, performance wise I cant tell the difference between it and the awr. It's just more comfortable.

I only even notice it at cold idle anymore, and am rarely stuck in 'parking lot' traffic scenarios anymore (and mine does not shudder that bad anyway), so yeah, I can live with it. :)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I only even notice it at cold idle anymore, and am rarely stuck in 'parking lot' traffic scenarios anymore (and mine does not shudder that bad anyway), so yeah, I can live with it. :)
If I was not at the time stuck in traffic every damn day I never would have taken it off.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #340
I noticed 2 more turbos on the site. More options are never a bad thing!
gauge pods are in stock
so are our rear torque mounts (street version) - race version coming in approx 1 week