Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

are you planning on a whoosh brand catback exhaust in the future?
interesting you asked that.....
[call]
Now that has me excited! A catback is the last thing I need to buy for stage 3. I have been totally undecided yet on which one though. I had already bought the 2jr catless downpipe last fall, (would have waited a month and got yours if I had known) and am leaning toward a full 3" catback to go with it. The MBRP had been at the top of the list until learning about the 2.5" neckdown at the downpipe flange. Also a little worried about drone. The Thermal has jumped up there since the addition of the 3" adaptor. Kinda waiting to see the new tips. I live in Michigan so I am in no hurry as I would not be looking to install everything until late spring. Definitely would wait to see what you come up with Ron. [twothumb]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #145
couple new items added.....keep an eye out for some others goodies tonight

Nice additions Ron! I'm curious to know if you'll do St inlays anytime in the near future? I've seen some awesome American flag, and even thin blue line inlays (I'm a LEO) but they've all been outside of the US and I'd really like to avoid all the hassles that comes along with that.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #149
Nice additions Ron! I'm curious to know if you'll do St inlays anytime in the near future? I've seen some awesome American flag, and even thin blue line inlays (I'm a LEO) but they've all been outside of the US and I'd really like to avoid all the hassles that comes along with that.
no inlays just yet.....soon though
I have the US Flag gels still sitting here, I'll sell them to you for $25 shipped if you want them!

Added some OEM Ford goodies today

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #153
lots of new goodies

there are a bunch more ready to list as well....

keep an eye out [thumb]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
lots of new goodies

there are a bunch more ready to list as well....

keep an eye out [thumb]
You think a high flow turbo inlet and hotside J pipe upgrade would help with gains on a stock turbo setup? If I were to do these, would that be worth re-tuning for you think? Thanks for always being active on helpful even when I inadvertently can be a dick at times, LOL.

redmoe

You think a high flow turbo inlet and hotside J pipe upgrade would help with gains on a stock turbo setup? If I were to do these, would that be worth re-tuning for you think? Thanks for always being active on helpful even when I inadvertently can be a dick at times, LOL.
I would invest in a FMIC from whoosh next. Then an induction pipe. Then crossover pipe. The FMIC will allow you to consistently run the car without the heatsoak that the oem ic sees. You will want to get a new calibration after installing the larger fmic to get the most out of it. When I upgraded my intake pipes and j pipe it did not require an updated calibration.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I would invest in a FMIC from whoosh next. Then an induction pipe. Then crossover pipe. The FMIC will allow you to consistently run the car without the heatsoak that the oem ic sees. You will want to get a new calibration after installing the larger fmic to get the most out of it. When I upgraded my intake pipes and j pipe it did not require an updated calibration.
Yeah, was just curious on ways to max out the stock IC, most cars come with far worse so I figure I could work on little bottlenecks to max it out first... not interested in new IC pipes other than the hotside J pipe as it has a restrictive resonator in it (my last car had a removable resonator), and was thinking the J pipe and turbo inlet both upgraded I could get better IC flow for now that would be there for new IC later...

redmoe

I would go for the intake pipe and ram air crossover. Then consider the turbo inlet. Dizzy posted dyno data showing gains with those mods. I didn’t notice much of a change with the j pipe. I only swapped it since I was upgrading the ic. The difference between the stock and whoosh ic is huge. Even with just a 91/93 tune the stock ic allows the charge air temp to climb quickly (20 to 30 deg). With the whoosh ic I am seeing 5-9 deg increase on a 2500 to 6500 pull. Honestly the stock ic on this car is much worse than what my bmws and evo had stock. I think it is all that Ford felt they could cram into the space that was available.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I would go for the intake pipe and ram air crossover. Then consider the turbo inlet. Dizzy posted dyno data showing gains with those mods. I didn’t notice much of a change with the j pipe. I only swapped it since I was upgrading the ic. The difference between the stock and whoosh ic is huge. Even with just a 91/93 tune the stock ic allows the charge air temp to climb quickly (20 to 30 deg). With the whoosh ic I am seeing 5-9 deg increase on a 2500 to 6500 pull. Honestly the stock ic on this car is much worse than what my bmws and evo had stock. I think it is all that Ford felt they could cram into the space that was available.
Thanks for the feedback with some numbers... I only notice the charge temps getting over 20 degrees difference when it hits over 80 outside in stop and go traffic, when obviously all that power isn't needed anyway... I still think our IC isn't too bad, I'm kind of surprised that others are seeing such poor performance but I guess some of you guys are coming from cars with even better stock IC's and I came from ones with really crappy ones... Anyway, I'll look into it more, was definitely considering a Whoosh intercooler but I think I'm gonna tackle things like springs and tint first with my limited mod money. :)

I was seeing 40+ degree increases from a 3rd gear pull on stock and close to 50 degrees if I ran out 4th after that. With the depo intercooler it drops at the start of the pull to ambient then by the end of 3rd it's close to 5 degrees above ambient. Never seen more than about 9-11 degrees over during pulls.