Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new goodies on the site and more on the way

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I was seeing 40+ degree increases from a 3rd gear pull on stock and close to 50 degrees if I ran out 4th after that. With the depo intercooler it drops at the start of the pull to ambient then by the end of 3rd it's close to 5 degrees above ambient. Never seen more than about 9-11 degrees over during pulls.
Is this after multiple, multiple pulls? I'm only seeing about 20 above ambient with ambient at 80 after a few pulls... But yeah, still that's some great improvement and I'll have to keep that in mind!

The 40 is after one it goes to 50 after multiple. I live in Louisiana and go to Texas often durning the summer so its 95+ all summer here with high humidity.

XanRules

Thanks for the feedback with some numbers... I only notice the charge temps getting over 20 degrees difference when it hits over 80 outside in stop and go traffic, when obviously all that power isn't needed anyway... I still think our IC isn't too bad, I'm kind of surprised that others are seeing such poor performance but I guess some of you guys are coming from cars with even better stock IC's and I came from ones with really crappy ones... Anyway, I'll look into it more, was definitely considering a Whoosh intercooler but I think I'm gonna tackle things like springs and tint first with my limited mod money. :)
It's MUCH cooler where we live than it is for some of these folks, and we've had a very mild spring so far, but the intercooler is good insurance if you're going to be doing power mods. A few of us have noticed a good amount of heat soak on warmer days, especially in Portland traffic. Charge pipes are not necessary on stock turbo but make a big difference on aftermarket turbos.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #164
get ready.....

just added the new VUDU decat (catless downpipe)
new gearset, Kaaz LSD, and some awesome parts coming in the next few days that are so fresh and new!

can't wait to share!

I was pretty set on the MFactory LSD (seems like a great price for what it is!), but now we have a clutch type LSD. And the ST200 final drive available stateside...

Wrap, LSD, final drive, exhaust... This summer is looking to be expensive.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
what gain is there with the new gearset?
If you read the description on the web site, it adds acceleration and takes from top speed... definitely not for the daily commute cars where you have a mix of stop and go and higher freeway speeds, but will make it a track monster!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
get ready.....

new gearset, Kaaz LSD, and some awesome parts coming in the next few days that are so fresh and new!

can't wait to share!
Ron,

I've been trying to get a knowledgeable answer to this: With the factory electronic torque vectoring, would a mechanical LSD help prevent that from having to kick in or would you have to do the thing where you disable TV along with ABS so they aren't fighting each other?

If you read the description on the web site, it adds acceleration and takes from top speed... definitely not for the daily commute cars where you have a mix of stop and go and higher freeway speeds, but will make it a track monster!
yep, I saw that after I posted. lol

Wish there was another gear set available that did the opposite. Ooops, starting to sound like Prodigit.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I may be the ONLY ONE on the site who wants them, but I really WISH that someone would bring in some REAL 'gravel rally spec' strength, 15x7 wheels in our app requirements 4x108, 40-42 ET, 63.4 bore (instead of ONLY in the plentiful Scoobie-Doo sizes [mad]).

i.e.; Braid, Compomotive, OZ/M-Sport/Ford Motorspot 4 bolt gravel disc style, Speedline Corse, etc. :(

Before anyone chimes in with the TD Pro Rally 1s; Chalon just informed me that these are 200% OUT OF STOCK in this land, and there are NO PLANS for them to be made, or inbound at all, into the foreseeable future.

get ready.....

can't wait to share!
Do you know what the outlet/lower flange size is on that downpipe?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
One of the other vendors quoted me 16*8 braids for 2k USD.

Which is why I emailed konig and they made the deka's :p
Yes, that's because they would have to first build them in our size/offsets as 'blanks', and then drill them to our PCD, and install the steel bolt hole inserts, in SPAIN first, and then ship them over here air freight! [ohcrap]

The Braids, even though (some are) flow formed, have enough extra material in them to take a MAJOR pounding on really rough tarmac stages, that they would have been WAY WAY TOO HEAVY for the 'weight weenies' on here, anyway. [wink] LOL

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account