Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car overheated with kids...

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
This is happening as we speak. My wife was driving in stop, and go traffic with my 1 year old, and 7 year old son. They're trapped on a hwy in 96 degree weather with a car that won't start in Lincoln Ne. I'm in Montana for work. Needless to say I'm very upset. And will be getting rid of this car asap. It's a 2016 with only 6,000 miles on it for Pete sake. This car just put my wife and kids in danger. Enough is enough

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
This is happening as we speak. My wife was driving in stop, and go traffic with my 1 year old, and 7 year old son. They're trapped on a hwy in 96 degree weather with a car that won't start in Lincoln Ne. I'm in Montana for work. Needless to say I'm very upset. And will be getting rid of this car asap. It's a 2016 with only 6,000 miles on it for Pete sake. This car just put my wife and kids in danger. Enough is enough
Have her call road side assistance US: 1-800-241-3673. It's free and covered under the warranty.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Thankfully a stranger stopped and picked them up as they were 3 miles outside of Lincoln. Everyone is safe now.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thankfully a stranger stopped and picked them up as they were 3 miles outside of Lincoln. Everyone is safe now.
Glad to hear this, keep us posted on whats wrong with the car as well.

Also if you've purchased an extended warranty you can get a free loaner while the car is in service.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Glad to hear this, keep us posted on whats wrong with the car as well.

Also if you've purchased an extended warranty you can get a free loaner while the car is in service.
Thank you; will do. I do not have an extended warranty, but I'll post back with results. Thank you for your help!

This is happening as we speak.
I like how you had the time to come on the forum and complain right as it was happening instead of helping your family calling AMA or roadside or something along those lines. If something fails once no big deal if it happens repeatedly then there's grounds for getting something new

Okay so what are we getting at here? Have you checked your coolant levels lately? I've had my car for 2 years in tucson Arizona the very center of hell and I beat on it all the time and drive in stop and go. Something went horribly wrong but I don't think it warrants just getting rid of it... has it given you problems before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I like how you had the time to come on the forum and complain right as it was happening instead of helping your family calling AMA or roadside or something along those lines. If something fails once no big deal if it happens repeatedly then there's grounds for getting something new
I was making phone calls before I even posted here.

I like how the wife is in danger from being exposed to the non air conditioned nebraskan weather. People did manage to survive prior to the invention of AC :)

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Okay so what are we getting at here? Have you checked your coolant levels lately? I've had my car for 2 years in tucson Arizona the very center of hell and I beat on it all the time and drive in stop and go. Something went horribly wrong but I don't think it warrants just getting rid of it... has it given you problems before?

Hasn't happened before. A lot of what I said was out of anger. I mean, I'm 17 hours away from home, and my wife and kids were stranded on a hot, and humid hwy. I certainly hope someone would understand my frustrations.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I like how the wife is in danger from being exposed to the non air conditioned nebraskan weather. People did manage to survive prior to the invention of AC :)
My wife has an infection that she's taking medication for. My 1 year old isn't acclamated for the heat.

I get your frustration I honestly do. Contact the dealer and find out the problem and let us know what's up. Glad your family is safe man.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a family and would've been in a bit of panic myself. 100* stranded in a car is no where for an infant to be. Don't get rid of the car tho. There's a reason things break on cars. Just fix it. Overheating during a commute is not a chronic issue for us.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I cleaned up this thread a bit, clearly there's no reason to antagonize an already bad situation to the point where someone wants to leave the forum.

As a family man I can certainly empathize with the OP's post. Hopefully its something minor that can be fixed fairly quickly.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Clearly there was....obviously you missed the whole point of the reason for the so called antagonizing....what kind of place is this where you cannot express your opinion with a sense of humor? It's called freedom of speech....where we are allowed to express our opinions....We all know what happens when people are censored and history is being deleted or erased....i don't think I need to say more who did that or when it happened last....ill let you read up on your history if you've forgtten....needless to say STOP Censoring people....������

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Oh really? So it's okay for you to break forum rules by calling others names? Is it also okay to make fun of others for being worried about their infant/toddlers being broke down on a hwy during a heat advisory when they're 17 hours away? I'm leaving this forum. I want nothing you're apart of.

OP
T

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Now you're calling me snowflake. More name calling, eh? How you're not banned I have not a clue.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
There is no reason to antagonize anyone on the forum and obviously the OP did not find your comments humorous. Humor goes both ways and if people ask you to stop commenting and then requests to have their account closed, then it's probably not funny to them. We only have several simple rules on the forum and one of those is to be respectful of others. If that's too hard to follow then there are plenty of other sites you can join to share your humor.

Clearly there was....obviously you missed the whole point of the reason for the so called antagonizing....what kind of place is this where you cannot express your opinion with a sense of humor? It's called freedom of speech....where we are allowed to express our opinions....We all know what happens when people are censored and history is being deleted or erased....i don't think I need to say more who did that or when it happened last....ill let you read up on your history if you've forgtten....needless to say STOP Censoring people....🖒

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk