Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car Class

So I'm new to autox and not really sure what class I should be running.
Current setup:
Catless dp
Intercooler
Rmm
Tune (does increase boost)

If someone could steer me in the right direction that would be rad

CSP would be where you play. Honestly, you could probably run STX locally, and nobody should really complain too much(ask your competitors, and see if they are OK with it first). the only 3 things that really take you out of ST and make you SP are the boost, and the DP, and the IC.

If your locals don't want you in STX, I'd probably run SMF, as the PAX index is easier for you( CSP- 0.860 vs SMF - 0.848) so you'd be doing a little better overall with the same time in SMF than you would in CSP. (ah yes, index racing is fun, isn't it... lol)

Overall, just go out and have fun, meet cool people, learn your car, and decide if you want to dive deeper into modding, or if less is more.

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
So turning the boost down to 21 or 22 whatever stock is wouldn't change my class, correct?

So turning the boost down to 21 or 22 whatever stock is wouldn't change my class, correct?
correct. It's the parts installed(and the potential of them) that dictates classing with the SCCA, not the actual performance.

The only thing you could do(to legally go down in classing) would be to add a catted DP and take the IC off(go back to stock). Then you'd be accurately classed in STX(since boost is technically illegal, but there is a proposal for next year to open it up for us).