Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Changed rear pads and rotors, now parking brake is weak.

So, I took people's suggestions and replaced the rotors and brake pads. I found the issue to my original problem was a really, really stupid mistake that I should have caught. Anywho..

While doing my rotors, I asked my brother to help me. I worked on the front rotors and brother began working on the rear. He ended up prying the calipers with a screw driver because they were holding the pads in place. He then proceeded to push the piston in so we can slide the brake pads easily.

Here's where our problem began: I noticed the e-brakes were engaged, which is why it was difficult to take off the rear pads. I then lowered the e-brakes and noticed it would raise with very little effort.

Do you think I need to adjust the ebrake cable tension or did we compress the rear pistons too much due to the e-brakes being engaged?

edit: I just drove the car and it seems the e-brakes are as good as my vanilla Fiesta. I think after three years it just needs tightening and having the parking brake engaged when changing the rotors did not cause any issues.

Last edited:

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
After a brake job it takes a few 100 miles of brake use to get everything back to where it was. If you opened the reservoir to allow the fluid to move back up a little more so. As you saw and will continue to see as you use the ebrake it will get better.

Now next time take the ebrake off ;)