Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How bad is FFS for your transmission?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
For those (like myself) who are wondering...
https://www.bing.com/search?pc=cosp...onlogo=CT3210127&q=what is flat foot shifting
FLAT-FOOT SHIFTING allows you to keep your foot flat on the accelerator while changing gear, so as to minimize gear change time and keep engine speed and torque up in preparation for the next gear. It is also possible to adjust the torque to maximize power when engaging the next gear.
The motorcycle has a type of shifter that allows you to merely reduce pressure on the drivetrain/accelerator to start/complete a shift, versus letting completely off the accelerator.

I assume that you're doing something similar right... just releasing some pressure off the accelerator? Or is it literal... you're maintaining the same accelerator angle throughout the entire shift?

If you car has a tune set up for FFS then i wouldnt worry. I actually feel it shifts smoother then when i dont FFS. Feels like its keeps the inertia moving foward better between shifts.

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
Read that post, that definitely seems to be what happened. It's unfortunate that there's not 1st gear lock out