Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tar Tar Everywhere

John9851

1000 Post Club
Drove thru a construction area where they where laying down asphalt. Followed the lane changes per the construction cones. Went to wash my car a day after and it looks likes my car was plastri dipped. Areas you can see it others you can't but you can feel it to the touch. Any suggestions ?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Orange citrus solvent. I like Technichem. Be sure to wash and wax after. I work road construction and get a lot of asphalt on my white work truck.

I've always had pretty good luck with the Mothers Clay bar. the bar is junk after but it does remove the tar.

brbauer2

I've always had pretty good luck with the Mothers Clay bar. the bar is junk after but it does remove the tar.
I'd say it's whatever you're using as a lubricant is doing the hard work of removing the tar from the paint, the clay just picks the tar up after it's lifted from the car.

Last edited:
OP
J

John9851

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Thanks got most of it off but the rocker panels are another story. Will look into the Stoner product. I really like their glass cleaner.

Ford Community Posts