Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford announces next gen Focus to be made in China......

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
...no. The fact that Americans would rather buy cheap Chinese made goods is responsible for China's rise.

If you really want to blame a political person for the lack of America's economic knowledge, you need to point the finger at Nixon as he's the one that opened up trade with China again.

What America's fail to realize is that every time you buy something you are voting for that product and everything associated with it. If you buy slightly more expensive domestically made goods then you're voting for more domestic manufacturing. If you vote for cheap Chinese made goods then you're voting for more cheap Chinese goods. It is that simple when you boil away all the political noise, distractions, and BS.
+1 [thumb]

I also blame the much (but very UNdeservedly) deified 'Saint Ronnie' (or as I call him, 'Ol' Prunface'), and all of his right wing orthodox, TOTALLY open with NO restrictions/regs/tariffs, JAPAN ONLY benefiting, trade policies. [mad]

Waterfan

Ford sells globally. They probably buy more fiesta's then we do .
Truth. Everyone buys more Fiestas than US does.

US is a mid-size sedan, SUV (all sizes), and pickup truck country. Business case for any hatchback in the US is rather difficult.

Waterfan

It's currently built in Michigan. My understanding after doing some research is that they are moving Focus production to China to retool that plant for Bronco production. Makes sense in a global market as the Focus sell much better oversees and the Bronco will likely only be sold in the US.
Higher margin product produced in US instead? Yes please!