Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune RMM vs AWR RMM for DD

Any thoughts on Mountune RMM vs AWR RMM for a daily driver?

I have been hearing lots of noise as of late of issues with creaking/ squealing of mountune's RMM and was considering the competition. After some research the wishbone style AWR (whoosh motorsports) looks interesting @ 70 durometer. Any pros / cons on the different designs. Like I said considering these two as they are softer. Note: Not interested in the Cobb as my research has shown these tend to wear and have more issues.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Been running Mountune on a DD for 2 years now. No complaints. Mind you the RMM are inexpensive enough that should you not like one trying the other and selling the first won't be too bad.

Been running Mountune on a DD for 2 years now. No complaints. Mind you the RMM are inexpensive enough that should you not like one trying the other and selling the first won't be too bad.
Which version of the Mountune RMM do you have? I have the newest one with the black bushings and I still get the clank. It takes a little more to do but its still pretty easy to cause.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
the AWR is pretty solid. maybe too solid. i get bad vibrations at about 1000rpm, which is where the car likes to idle when it's hot AF here... which is all the time. i will tough it out and see how well it breaks in. it's not bad enough for me to swap to another brand. yet. i am sensitive to bass frequencies and the engine vibrations bother my ears more than anything. i've had other people sit in the car and they notice the vibrations in the seat, but not in their ears. so i'm probably just an exception. that might also be one of the reasons i'm hesitant to try another brand: it will probably be the same for me.

btw, if you go the route of the Mountune, order from a vendor like ron@whoosh and make sure he has them in stock. i waited nearly 2 months for mine direct from Mountune before i finally just got a refund. i got my AWR from ron and it shipped the same day, and i got it a few days later.

I have a boomba rear motor mount. One of my favorites especially during track days. The mount is pretty solid and the engine gets zero movement. It vibrates when you have he ac cranked up but it's mostly calm during normal driving conditions. When you do get on the car and give it some gas you'll notice the mount but most days it's rather subtle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the AWR is pretty solid. maybe too solid. i get bad vibrations at about 1000rpm, which is where the car likes to idle when it's hot AF here... which is all the time. i will tough it out and see how well it breaks in. it's not bad enough for me to swap to another brand. yet. i am sensitive to bass frequencies and the engine vibrations bother my ears more than anything. i've had other people sit in the car and they notice the vibrations in the seat, but not in their ears. so i'm probably just an exception. that might also be one of the reasons i'm hesitant to try another brand: it will probably be the same for me.

btw, if you go the route of the Mountune, order from a vendor like ron@whoosh and make sure he has them in stock. i waited nearly 2 months for mine direct from Mountune before i finally just got a refund. i got my AWR from ron and it shipped the same day, and i got it a few days later.
Which AWR though? Whoosh sells them with three durometer ratings.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

I have 1 Mountune RMM in stock
and thank you for that !

If you feel the AWR is too much I have a COBB with less than 200 miles on it I'll swap with you
Just pay the shipping
Let me know....PM me if interested

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Which version of the Mountune RMM do you have? I have the newest one with the black bushings and I still get the clank. It takes a little more to do but its still pretty easy to cause.
The black one. It can not bottom out. If you still hear a clank check your other motor mounts. Some have reported sheared bolts or very loose.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Which AWR though? Whoosh sells them with three durometer ratings.
i ordered the 70. like i said though, i'm very sensitive to low frequencies like bass from music. i have to turn the bass settings down low or it really bothers me. everybody is different and i'm probably not the best gauge for NVH tolerances lol. i will say though that the AWR mount is very well made, and the service i've gotten from Ron@whoosh has made him my #1 shop when i'm looking for new parts. oh, and the shift performance with the AWR mount is unbelievable.

I have a question about the Mountune rear motor mount. I recently installed mine and on 1st 2nd gear when im going it's making some clicking noise is that normal? Never had that problem when I had the stock motor mount. Thanks

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Are you sure you tightened everything? Two studs, two bolts, and two nuts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Positive! I just want to make sure everything is okay. Because I brought it to the dealership and they checked everything and they said it's because of my Rmm.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
So it only clicks while you're in gear? And it does it the entire time? Or it only clicks as you're shifting into gear? If the latter, it could just be that you're not very smooth with the clutch.