Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New owner in Toronto

Hi all,

I'm hoping to pick up my new FiST in the next couple of weeks. I insisted on no sunroof, and they're proving hard to find!

I'm a big time car enthusiast, and a very lucky man. I'm trading a Mustang GT for the FiST, and it will share space with a FoRS and Subie BRZ. The Fiesta will be my daily, including winter use. I guarantee it will see the track a couple of times a year though! I've been tracking cars for about 15 years, and before that did a little motorcycle racing.

I have no plans to modify the engine, but wheels and suspension are highly likely. from what I've read, the car has great balance right out of the box, so I don't want to screw that up.

Looking forward to learning from the FiST community!

KKaWing

If you're not heading to CSCS, there's a meet this Sunday June 25th @ Chemical Guys Canada, noon-3pm with the ST's of Ontario FB group.

OP
A
Thread Starter #4
Wow, that's quite a build, Dave!

I noticed you stuck to OE pads, despite the mega tires and power. No problems with these on the track? Maybe those giant rotors just don't get hot.... Did you try the OE pads and rotors on the track?

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
If you're not heading to CSCS, there's a meet this Sunday June 25th @ Chemical Guys Canada, noon-3pm with the ST's of Ontario FB group.
Thanks for the invite, KKa, but I don't have my car yet! I just now got word it's confirmed (yee-haw), and should be here next week.

OP
A
Thread Starter #10
I finally picked up my new FiST July 21st, almost a month after scheduled delivery. The car seemed to disappear somewhere between Mexico and Toronto... But, it was worth the wait. It's a fantastic little car, with great performance and lots of fun.

The good:
Power - way more than I expected. It stomps all over my BRZ, really good power for the street, and should be very effective once I get it to the track.
Transmission - light, accurate, I love it. I think it's better than my RS. Seriously. The shift lever is too far from the steering wheel though.
Brakes - awesome feel, with just the right sensitivity. I'll see how they stand up to track use, but so far so good.
Seats - comfortable and supportive, can't ask for much more than that.
Grip - very good. I'm using Conti Extremecontact Sports and it is great on the road.
Torque Steer - wait, what? This is my first fwd car in a while, and it's kind of cool that you have to steer when accelerating. Just like rear drive, but the 'wrong' end is moving around!
Colour - mine's orange and I love it! Everybody else hates it, which I also love.

Not so good:
Gauges - No water temp, oil temp, or boost gauges. If I paid more would I have got these? is there any work around that people are using? Is there any way to display this on the infotainment screen?
Steering wheel - too big. a little nimble car should have a small wheel.
Clutch - mine judders just a bit when pulling away very gently. maybe more break-in?
Brake dust - I have white TD wheels, so i see every spec of dust. At least the brakes are good.
Throttle response - it seems a bit lazy, but i only really notice during heel-and-toe. Honestly, I'd rather have a soft throttle than a jumpy one.
Handling - it's a bit pushy, but not too bad. I'm going to add some camber and see where that takes me. I haven't noticed any lift-off oversteer yet, maybe I just need to go faster.

Bottom line is I'm very happy. I look forward to driving my FiST just as much as my RS. That's high praise I would say!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I finally picked up my new FiST July 21st, almost a month after scheduled delivery. The car seemed to disappear somewhere between Mexico and Toronto... But, it was worth the wait. It's a fantastic little car, with great performance and lots of fun.

The good:
Power - way more than I expected. It stomps all over my BRZ, really good power for the street, and should be very effective once I get it to the track.
Transmission - light, accurate, I love it. I think it's better than my RS. Seriously. The shift lever is too far from the steering wheel though.
Brakes - awesome feel, with just the right sensitivity. I'll see how they stand up to track use, but so far so good.
Seats - comfortable and supportive, can't ask for much more than that.
Grip - very good. I'm using Conti Extremecontact Sports and it is great on the road.
Torque Steer - wait, what? This is my first fwd car in a while, and it's kind of cool that you have to steer when accelerating. Just like rear drive, but the 'wrong' end is moving around!
Colour - mine's orange and I love it! Everybody else hates it, which I also love.

Not so good:
Gauges - No water temp, oil temp, or boost gauges. If I paid more would I have got these? is there any work around that people are using? Is there any way to display this on the infotainment screen?
Steering wheel - too big. a little nimble car should have a small wheel.
Clutch - mine judders just a bit when pulling away very gently. maybe more break-in?
Brake dust - I have white TD wheels, so i see every spec of dust. At least the brakes are good.
Throttle response - it seems a bit lazy, but i only really notice during heel-and-toe. Honestly, I'd rather have a soft throttle than a jumpy one.
Handling - it's a bit pushy, but not too bad. I'm going to add some camber and see where that takes me. I haven't noticed any lift-off oversteer yet, maybe I just need to go faster.

Bottom line is I'm very happy. I look forward to driving my FiST just as much as my RS. That's high praise I would say!
Congrats.

For teh negative. Get the wheels ceramic coated or ceramic pads. For the throttle an AP will solve that. for Handling it really matters if you have the traction on, sport or off.

Are you on the east end by any chance? I remember seeing a set of oem take off wheels for sale on Kijiji.....thought those might be yours.

OP
A
Thread Starter #13
Yep, those are mine. I can't find a FiST community in the GTA to advertise, any suggestions?

OP
A
Thread Starter #14
Congrats.

For teh negative. Get the wheels ceramic coated or ceramic pads. For the throttle an AP will solve that. for Handling it really matters if you have the traction on, sport or off.
Thanks.
The brake dust doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it, it just seems notable.
The push seems to happen with the traction on or off. I just discovered sport yesterday, but I don't expect much to change. The push is not bad at all, I'm sure a little camber will help. Like I said, I haven't gone fast enough to experience any lift-off oversteer yet, so maybe that will change my attitude (pun intended). FWIW, my BRZ pushed very badly before adding neg camber and stiffer springs, and the FiST seems as good as the OE BRZ.