Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Top Gear Says Goodbye to the Fiesta ST

I could only read 3 pages worth. Shifting through all 12 is an abomination, I say. I hate these 'tactics' that media use...

They even wrote "Keep clicking to find out why…" [crazyeye]

I read through it anyways.

They share my sentiment that more tech and boarder appeal may result in a completely different driving experience. Welcome to some, but not to others.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I enjoyed this, thanks for posting. Top Gear's early enthusiasm for our cars was one of the first things that put them on my radar screen and made me take them seriously.

Didn't read yet, but I assume it mirrors my thoughts that every generation after this is gonna lose the plot a little bit more. Softer, bigger, not as nimble.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

zanethan

So once again I hate how people are being quick to judge this new FiST before ever being behind the wheel. Yes people can speculate but until some ACTUAL seat time has happened no one will know.

I'm not saying it's going to be great but I'm also not going to write it off until someone other than an employee of Ford actually drives one.

Either way it likely doesn't matter since it's looking less and less likely that we see it stateside.

So once again I hate how people are being quick to judge this new FiST before ever being behind the wheel. Yes people can speculate but until some ACTUAL seat time has happened no one will know.

I'm not saying it's going to be great but I'm also not going to write it off until someone other than an employee of Ford actually drives one.

Either way it likely doesn't matter since it's looking less and less likely that we see it stateside.
I'm with you. I think it will be interesting. It seems to address some of the issues with the current model like interior fit and finish and brings it into the modern age in terms of electronic driving controls. Don't necessarily love the look of it, but it's not bad. I don't think the slight downsizing of the engine will be as big an issue as people think. It's also lighter and newer technology, so no reason it can't put out similar power levels to what most of us are doing. Now will those with big turbos and aux fueling or whatever putting down 400 whp be disappointed? Maybe, but who cares. That's such a small niche market that has no relevance to Ford or most FiST owners. Also, if you want that much power, buy a RWD or AWD car so you can actually use it. The FiST is perfect for what it was designed to be, and hopefully the new model will be too.

And yes, it doesn't really matter cause we aren't gonna get it here anyway.

Meh.. flipped though it. It's not anything we don't already know about our car. Once the new FiST is made available, journalist will be able to make valid arguments. It's all speculation for now.