Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installed FSWERKS exhaust, not 100% happy

Hi all:

So yeah I installed the exhaust yesterday, and I mean it's ok, I think it will be perfect with a little more sound. I"m thinking of deleting the muffler but I think I'll have a lot of drone idk.

I've read tha a catless downpipe adds more tone but Idk I don't want to have the cel or have a lot of smell going catless.What about the tuning? Will a tune add sound?

I have a drop in filter and the exhaust as the mods. Any recommendations in order to increase the tone more?

Sorry to hear your about that man. Unfortunately a tune wont add any sound, but give it a few hundred miles to break it in. I got the mountune system and kinda thought the same as you. But after a few hundred miles of driving it did pick up more sound, especially the lower tones which i prefer.

I would assume a catted DP would still help a little. Please keep us update as the miles rack up. I was looking at this catback as well and this is somewhat concerning.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Its that quiet for a reason. It does a great job of cancelling unwanted frequencies. Add a catless dp and it will be perfect.

Brura22

Hi all:

So yeah I installed the exhaust yesterday, and I mean it's ok, I think it will be perfect with a little more sound. I"m thinking of deleting the muffler but I think I'll have a lot of drone idk.

I've read tha a catless downpipe adds more tone but Idk I don't want to have the cel or have a lot of smell going catless.What about the tuning? Will a tune add sound?

I have a drop in filter and the exhaust as the mods. Any recommendations in order to increase the tone more?
A crackle tune will add sound lol

Waterfan

Hi all:

Delete the Sound Symposer so you can hear more of all of the naturally occurring sounds?

Tangent: thank you for sharing that FSWerks is not overly loud. If I ever do CBE, I want something that potentially improves performance and saves weight but sounds close to stock. FSWerks seems to tick all my boxes.

Hi all:

You should have went with MBRP, it's loud, cheap and amazing! I've had mine for over a year and I love it. I just put a catless DP on a couple weekends ago, and it's even louder with more pops and gurgles now. I smile when I drive my FiST. I don't know why everyone complains about the smell with catless, it seriously isn't noticeable to me until I pull in my garage and get out of the car. I guess if you have a sensitive nose maybe, but it's really not that strong of a smell.

Take it to the drag strip and after a few runs it will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta let it break in. I had the same thought but after like a couple months of spirited driving, she's perfect. Loud when on throttle and calm when cruising! Right now, looking for a catted downpipe to compliment the fswerks.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
My Cobb is super quiet also. Hoping it will sound a bit better with some time.