Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tranny oil level check shortcut

Well, you can see the fill plug from above - but it's REAL tight access.

So... 0. Park on the level 1. Pull the MAF hose 2. Pull the MAF wire 3. Pull the TORX on the air housing (faces the front of car, with rubber piece on it - can pull that off too) 4. Gently pry the air feed above the radiator from the air housing 5. Pull the air housing out - filter and all (gotta dodge the prop rod clip, etc.)

You might wanna pull the air filter housing apart too the first time you do this, just for clarity. Anyway, makes for plenty of room to loosten, check oil and tighten.

Probably beats jacking up all four corners, unless she's already up. yeah, ok, I do have a half-shaft seal leak starting : (

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
Keep in mind you don't fill to the edge of the fill plug .
yeah for sure. But I was mainly thinking of checking. This method might be a lot easier for filling too, since you can just gravity feed it with a hose instead of a syringe type filler. Plus you can see what you're doing better when even just checking than from below, I think.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Yes that's how I did it. With a adapter and hose that screws on to bottle with an on off valve.