Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuning and aftermarket warranty

I really want to put a tune on my FiST to wake it up but I'm hesitant to because of my warranty. I have an aftermarket warranty and with prior experiences with other ones I know they can be a royal PITA. From what I've gathered if you took your car into ford they can tell when the car has been flashed, just not what exactly it was. So I guess my question is, would an aftermarket warranty company have the same access to this information?

Who is the aftermarket warranty through? I would assume that the dealership or repair shop would pull the same info from the vehicle as they would for a factory warranty repair. That said, there are certainly some dealerships that don't seem to care much about what parts you put on or what tunes you use.

OP
TheJesterRace27
Thread Starter #3
Who is the aftermarket warranty through? I would assume that the dealership or repair shop would pull the same info from the vehicle as they would for a factory warranty repair. That said, there are certainly some dealerships that don't seem to care much about what parts you put on or what tunes you use.
I don't know who the warranty is through. I'd have to go digging through my filing cabinet. Its just a generic non-Ford aftermarket warranty that was offered to me through my dealership.

I don't know who the warranty is through. I'd have to go digging through my filing cabinet. Its just a generic non-Ford aftermarket warranty that was offered to me through my dealership.
No worries. I'm not too well versed in how it will show up on a vehicle scan. Hopefully someone in here can offer a bit more info. Is it a Ford dealership that offered it?

OP
TheJesterRace27
Thread Starter #5
No worries. I'm not too well versed in how it will show up on a vehicle scan. Hopefully someone in here can offer a bit more info. Is it a Ford dealership that offered it?
No I bought it used with low miles. It was a Chevy dealership. [hihi]